"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread yet but Q Magazine gave TBOS 3 out of 5 and called in "not one of their best" in contrast they gave TNOTB 2 out of 5, i dont mind bad reviews but they should at least keep it consistent
Well Blabbermouth gave BoS a 9.5/10 and praise BNW in the review, yet they gave BNW a 5/10. Go figure.

I've mentioned it in this thread, but it was about fifty pages ago probably - do you think IESF has a certain Fire of Unknown Origin vibe to it?

maybe a mix between the albums Fire of Unknown Origin & Imaginos

Does anyone think they'll release the album on itunes at 12am BST? I hope so, then I can get it at 7pm EST. itunes will probably hold it until 12am local time for each regional store.

Last edited:
I almost caved in today, started listening to the IESF leak, stopped myself after five seconds. I don't want the first listen to be a 192kbps mp3 file. Can I survive now until Friday?

So excited!
Let’s just say that as of right now you don’t have to listen to a 192kbps file…

GUYS GUYS GUYS my Amazon preorder LP and Deluxe CD have shipped. I've been listening to Sirius XM's Maiden takeover for 2 days straight. IT FINALLY FEELS REAL I AM SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAHHH!

Anyways, looks like everyone's been busy on here since Friday! Has everyone had a chance to check out the recent Bruce interviews on YouTube? They are all incredible:

Loudwire:

Opie XM:

Trunk XM:

Also that 192kbps file sucks and we should all regret listening to the album with that first. Kudos to the patient ones.

There are different 192kbps ones. I had two, deleted one of them since it sounded like shit. Nothing wrong with the other one on the other hand. I don't regret listening at all, so good! I never understood why you should wait when you can listen to what you love! Of course I'm still buying it though. Order placed a long long time ago.

I'm up to what must be 15 listens and I'm not even close to burnt out on this amazing album! Nothing in the mail today though, but I did find a FLAC copy to check out. For those of you who don't know, FLAC is a digital format like mp3, but it's the EXACT SAME audio quality as an actual CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back