"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended the Bruce podcast with Eddie Trunk in NYC last night. A lot of no shows so general admission was possible & was able to get in. Good interview. Touched on a lot of topics. Tour, the illness, fan questions, etc. Pretty entertaining. He genuinely seems like a nice guy. They were both on stage & as soon as Eddie Trunk said it was over Bruce hightailed it out of there pretty quick.

He looked in decent shape & sounded his usual self.
Good to hear that!

So he's not "douchelord" as some claim?

So he's not "douchelord" as some claim?

It started off pretty peculiar but, I think Bruce was just giving Eddie Trunk a hard time. First 2 or 3 questions Bruce just answered "Yep" to his questions. That dry British humor I guess.

But, he did open up & was yapping it up pretty good. He didn't decline any questions or anything. Was very open about the illness, diagnosis. Some discussion about early Maiden, Samson, a fan question about Blaze with a very gracious answer from Bruce. Some woman, curiously asked him to sign her leg. I think so she can make a tattoo out of it like a Steve Harris one she had. He told her we have people wanting questions answered & didn't wanna interrupt the interview process to do it right then. Eddie trunk asked her to stand off to the side. After the last question, as soon as Eddie announced it was over, Bruce grabbed his bag, waved & left the stage leaving Eddie there. Bruce stopped before walking out the door & gave a little wave to the audience.

It was videotaped & there will be a podcast on 9/3 of it.

Not that record charting means what it used to, but I have to think Maiden has a shot at their first #1 album in the US with this.

Oh, Bruce did answer a couple of fan questions about the rock n roll hall of fame & if they are ready to call it a career.

His answers were that he'll probably find something else to do the night of induction if the HOF comes calling & at this time, they really have no intention or have discussed "the end" of Maiden.
They are completely focused on the tour, tour, tour.

I've mentioned it in this thread, but it was about fifty pages ago probably - do you think IESF has a certain Fire of Unknown Origin vibe to it?

I see how it could fit right in there with the textures of that album

Do you remember what the question was?

Regarding songs like Man on the Edge & Sign of the Cross how Bruce sings them well live & about playing Blaze era stuff live again. And he basically said that songs like SOTC suit his vocal style & then he kind of drifted talking about Blaze.

Basically saying if he were Blaze, he would have taken the job too. But, he was put in a very tuff spot. That he was dedicated, put in a lot of work. A gracious answer.

I've somehow managed to avoid any snippets of this album aside from Speed of Light. This will actually the least I've heard prior to a new Maiden release since the early 90s.

Please tell me that waiting until Friday will be worth it. I can't wait!

I've somehow managed to avoid any snippets of this album aside from Speed of Light. This will actually the least I've heard prior to a new Maiden release since the early 90s.

Please tell me that waiting until Friday will be worth it. I can't wait!

Waiting until Friday will be worth it.

I almost caved in today, started listening to the IESF leak, stopped myself after five seconds. I don't want the first listen to be a 192kbps mp3 file. Can I survive now until Friday?

So excited!

I ordered the vinyl at emp.de, as I'm from México I usually get the orders a week later... I'm sorry but I had to download the album, I couldn't wait another week... I think it's the best since Brave New World... I've been listening to it every day, and I can't wait for the vinyl to arrive and listen to it with a better sound quality...

I ordered the vinyl at emp.de, as I'm from México I usually get the orders a week later... I'm sorry but I had to download the album, I couldn't wait another week... I think it's the best since Brave New World... I've been listening to it every day, and I can't wait for the vinyl to arrive and listen to it with a better sound quality...
Why do you order in Germany mate? Wouldn't US be better?

Why do you order in Germany mate? Wouldn't US be better?
I like emp.de I've been ordering a lot of things there and I've found it cheaper than ordering in the US, besides there are a lot of bands that I can't find in US stores and their vinyl editions tend to cost a lot more if I find them... plus I don't know why US shipping usually takes longer... I just saw that Amazon has lowered the shipping costs to México, I will give it a try...

I like emp.de I've been ordering a lot of things there and I've found it cheaper than ordering in the US, besides there are a lot of bands that I can't find in US stores and their vinyl editions tend to cost a lot more if I find them... plus I don't know why US shipping usually takes longer... I just saw that Amazon has lowered the shipping costs to México, I will give it a try...
So including shipping costs from germany its cheaper than north of the Border? Thats crazy lol

Even more so, being german i found EMP always quite expensive... last time i ordered there i was 15-16 because i didn't know better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back