"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, source of leak also can point in that direction BUT it's just wild speculations and nothing more. But Rod just outdone himself.

That would make sense, if the audiophiles actually made up a significant market share. Let's face it, most people will listen to this on laptop speakers or smartphone earplugs, and have no idea what the difference between 192 and 320kbps is, let alone know about flac. Under those conditions, leaking it on 192kbps is suicide.

Well, source of leak also can point in that direction BUT it's just wild speculations and nothing more. But Rod just outdone himself.
Oh, I have 0 evidence, nor do I actually care, just tossing out a theory I've often had about smart music producers self-managing leaks. Maiden's always had a decently smart digital strategy, so...

Well, I found it in 192kbps too. Not sure whether it is just one leak source. It sounds a bit better.

Oh, I have 0 evidence, nor do I actually care, just tossing out a theory I've often had about smart music producers self-managing leaks. Maiden's always had a decently smart digital strategy, so...
Yeah, I know but it make some kind of sense. I have little setup build in my work that is crawling iron maiden sites and searching for that leak. First info about it come from place so strange that I'm ready to believe in your theory.

And hell, this would be genious move - if Rod is able to do something like that he deserve a medal.

Well, I found it in 192kbps too. Not sure whether it is just one leak source. It sounds a bit better.
if it's file that I have - it's transcoded or something like that from lower quality.

It would incredibly smart thinking if it was a deliberate leak. However, it sounds like there's genuine disappointment among staff over on the IMFC, and they even took the forum down for a while to deal with the barrage of links and people asking for links, which makes me think it wasn't an inside job. Still not 100% conclusive, of course...

However, it sounds like there's genuine disappointment among staff over on the IMFC, and they even took the forum down for a while to deal with the barrage of links and people asking for links,
The disadvantage of people paying to access a forum. This is why we handle leaks the way we do here - if they shut down their own forum officially, what might they do to a little guy like us?

That would make sense, if the audiophiles actually made up a significant market share. Let's face it, most people will listen to this on laptop speakers or smartphone earplugs, and have no idea what the difference between 192 and 320kbps is, let alone know about flac. Under those conditions, leaking it on 192kbps is suicide.

Reading the negative comments about the production here, I can't help but feel like a lot of those people are here posting on this thread. Sound quality matters. In a big way.

Yeah, that's probably main reason why Justin Bieber is so successfull - he has amazing production on his album or so legend goes.

On my first listen i must say im quite dissapointed. its just so booring and uninteressting. The choruses escpecially is pretty lame, not catchy at all! I will listen again sooner. Hope i like it better then.

Got the 320kb right from the Start, can't say i'm an audio expert , but sounds ok.

CD will obviously be better

its just so booring and uninteressting.
Wow! I can't imagine that feeling right now. There's so much happening, I'm unable to be bored. I can't decide what I love, because I really can't...be sure what I'm hearing.

A Maiden devotee since 1988 and really enjoying the album thus far...

Havent had a chance to read all pages...but not seeing a lot of love for Man of Sorrows.

One of my personal faves at the moment.

Really enjoying Speed of Light in the context of the entire album now also...

Might go against the grain but least favorites for me are WTRRD and SOTV...

Yeah, that's probably main reason why Justin Bieber is so successfull - he has amazing production on his album or so legend goes.

That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about people commenting on the production while hearing a low bitrate leak as if sound quality doesn't matter. Production definitely does matter and bad production can absolutely hinder the quality of an album. And good production can polish "decent" to "great".

Got the 320kb right from the Start, can't say i'm an audio expert , but sounds ok.

I probably have potato quality rip and still - it's great. Hell, my first maiden albums were on cassette and nothing can out-shit this sound for me.

That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about people commenting on the production while hearing a low bitrate leak as if sound quality doesn't matter. Production definitely does matter and bad production can absolutely hinder the quality of an album. And good production can polish a "decent" to "great".

Yeah, I know I know. I just can't stand this production talk beacuse it's kinde of personal matter for me. Production may or may be not important but there are more important things in music.

The 320kbps rip roaming around is a transcode. It's actually 192kbps transformed into a 320kbps rip, so the sound quality you hear is actually 192kbps. Which means significant sound loss.

This leak is a trans-coded 192 kbps version.

"
Converting an MP3 to OGG or WMA converts a file that already has lost a lot of quality and takes more quality away since OGG and MP3 are also lossy processes. Think of it as copying and copy.

This is also true for reencoding which is for example converting an mp3 to mp3. Reencoding will always deteriorate the audio quality, even if you are converting a 128Kbit/s mp3 to a 320Kbit/s mp3. This happens because the mp3 is decoded to a wave then is encoded to a 320Kbit/s mp3. This recompresses the Wave and takes away or filters more audio data for compression purposes."

I truly honestly never got and still don't get why some people have problems with Kevin's production with Maiden. I truly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back