"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if Tears Of A Clown is about Robin Williams and this pretty much confirms it:
Not a Smokey Robinson cover, but a subtly idiosyncratic tribute to the tortured soul of a comedian that revels in moments of rhythmic trickery while wielding yet another enormous chorus.

I'm trying to not get too hyped up from reading these reviews, as they could suffer from a case of over-sensationalism.

But considering how many magazines and websites are giving this album amazing reviews and top marks, it's hard not to think that this could be a contender for the best Iron Maiden album since Seventh Son.
Well Speed of Light was simply ok. I stopped playing it already. The rest of the songs really has to step up to meet the expectation set by these reviews.

Tears of a Clown and Man of Sorrows both indicate the lads went through a serious song title crisis at the studio. I wonder if songs titles such as The Killing Platform, Road to Heaven and Taking the King were also discussed
I wonder if Steve or Dave thought of the title for MOS without even realizing it was also a Bruce song and then came to Bruce with the title and he said it was the same title and they had a laugh about it, but since the song was different enough, they were all cool with it.

I wonder if Steve or Dave thought of the title for MOS without even realizing it was also a Bruce song and then came to Bruce with the title and he said it was the same title and they had a laugh about it, but since the song was different enough, they were all cool with it.
Tyranny of Souls + Book of Thel = ?

Here is an article saying there are rumors of an early North American tour: http://www.wolverinekills.com/2015/08/17/iron-maiden-rumored-to-tour-north-america-in-early-2016/ It doesn't say what rumors though. Anyone hear anything? Also, if you could take just a second to vote for Maiden on the page's poll so they can stay ahead of Disturbed, that would be great.

Hopefully, this rumor is true, as long as Bruce isn't pushing himself too early. The biggest positive of Maiden coming to North America in the winter is that the summer sheds won't be in use. The sound in arenas is far superior, plus there's way more room for general admission.

That's possible. Poland is always somewhere on tour dates list. You will have at least 1 + you'll need to cross the boarders to see them twice or more...

That's possible. Poland is always somewhere on tour dates list. You will have at least 1 + you'll need to cross the boarders to see them twice or more...
They played two gigs in a row in 2013 and then returned in 2014, so I'm kinda optimistic. Actually, AMOLAD tour was the last one where Poland was skipped as far as I know.

In the Metal Hammer review it stated a couple of songs on BOS 'possibly stick too close to the post-reunion formula' or words to that effect. I wonder which songs they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back