"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's high praise!
Metal Hammer very rarely give maxed out ratings..
The plot thickens.

UK Metal Hammer has awarded all the reunion era albums with very high rating and praise. The lowest rating I believe was 8/10 for TFF. If I remember correctly AMOLAD was a 10/10 DOD was a 9/10 and BNW was again 9/10 !!

UK Metal Hammer has awarded all the reunion era albums with very high rating and praise. The lowest rating I believe was 8/10 for TFF. If I remember correctly AMOLAD was a 10/10 DOD was a 9/10 and BNW was again 9/10 !!

So the rating itself doesn't really tell us that much except Metal Hammer loves Maiden ;)

So the rating itself doesn't really tell us that much except Metal Hammer loves Maiden ;)

That's very true for the reunion era. There is definitely an hint of butt kissing . I never thought that DOD was really worth 9/10 or TFF was a 8/10.I remember they were making a lot of cruel comments around the VXI era back in 1998. The interviewer was like " ten years ago I was at donnington watching you and you were the biggest band in the world and now you are releasing this!!!" But I guess he was not being mean on purpose it was his disappointment that Maiden had regressed so much

I think all those ratings are spot on. These are professionals and if the album sucked, we'd have hints of it at least. The reunion ratings are close to perfect so bring on BOS !!!

Putting Maiden on the cover of Metal Hammer is bound to sell a ton of copies. I wouldn't be surprised if Maiden is their biggest seller. So of course they're not going to give their money maker negative reviews.

I don't doubt the quality of this album, but I'd take those reviews with a grain of salt. it didn't even really say anything about the songs in the review. Rest of article was fantastic though. One of the best Maiden articles I've read.

A far more succinct piece from MusicRadar. A lot of focus on Nicko (Its in the drum section of the site after all)

There are some spoilers as to how Nicko plays and what he plays on particular songs, but if you don't read it, you're not missing out on any vital information or especially insightful commentary.
Its not a review per se, but if you want to know if they liked it, its a resounding yes.
http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/5-things-we-learnt-from-iron-maidens-book-of-souls-626582

I'm trying to not get too hyped up from reading these reviews, as they could suffer from a case of over-sensationalism.

But considering how many magazines and websites are giving this album amazing reviews and top marks, it's hard not to think that this could be a contender for the best Iron Maiden album since Seventh Son.

I'm trying to not get too hyped up from reading these reviews, as they could suffer from a case of over-sensationalism.

But considering how many magazines and websites are giving this album amazing reviews and top marks, it's hard not to think that this could be a contender for the best Iron Maiden album since Seventh Son.
IIRC, one review even called it the best album since SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back