"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely get the Dio vibes, most notably with Bruce's performance at the very end. That vocal run with the added falsetto ghost note might be my favorite thing he's done since Thin Line.

It took me a few listens to pick up on the Dio vibes, as the first thing that I immediately thought of was Deep Purple. The more I listened to it though, the more it reminded me of Neon Knights and The Mob Rules. Bruce sounds incredible. Really impressed with this song.

Yes, "advance reviews" are allowed, so long as they are in spoiler tags if they contain any kind of detail.

"Bruce sounds great" isn't detail. Comparing the song to other music we know is.
But the spoilers and leak rules says:
While the Moderation Team at Maidenfans.com understands that in the digital age, leaks will travel fast and quickly, we are insisting that no links be hosted on or distributed through this website. This includes, but is not limited to:

-Links to direct downloads of leaked files
-Links to YouTube or other streaming services hosting files that have been leaked
-Offers to provide a link or the files themselves
-Reviews of leaked content before the date of official release

This is just spectacular ... a bit different for them, but still Maiden sounding.
it really sounds like something that could have been on Piece of Mind, but still sounds "modern"/not a rehash if that makes any sense.

Also sounds like it could have been on Tyranny of Souls

Probably is the best pre-album single they have released since Wicker Man .. certainly beats El Dorado.

Everything I wanted to hear form a Maiden single since H's return. I might be too excited to give a subjective review but it is so good in such a unconventional way. I hated the happy choruses of quite a few of the latest singles. This one I just adore.

It's that classic heavy metal vibe that you used to get in the 70's and 80's from bands like Black Sabbath. As far as modern Maiden singles go, it's a lot heavier and more 'metal' than say Different World or The Final Frontier. Probably my favorite of the post-reunion singles so far.

The single is out in 4.5 hours. We're not going to stop people from talking about it. Just don't talk about where you found it, and put all details in spoiler tags.
Ah, that's cool. Well, I can re-post what I said then.
That Be Quick Or Be Dead type scream at the beginning is awesome! The song is a bit weak to me and has that No Prayer/Fear...Dark type feel to me. I really hope it's the only song on the album that's like that. Bruce's singing is GREAT though!

It sounds like something from Tyranny Of Souls like Devil On A Hog. I think people expect too much from a name like Iron Maiden. If it was a track from another Bruce solo, people would be drooling all over it.

Fantastic song, chorus and musicianship. Excelent production! Bass is not all over the place as usual, but, you can perfectly listen to it.

Solos:

Murray - 2:47/3:07
Smith - 3:08/3:28
Gers - 3:28/3:49

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back