"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think Maiden had any thoughts at all as to the chart positioning of this album (in the US or anywhere else) when they went into the studio. I doubt the band themselves care that much about it now either.

I should've been more clear - I was referring to the marketing strategy and very careful and deliberate roll out of this album likely being done in a way that will hopefully maximize the sales of the album in a very difficult period for album sales. Obviously the band doesn't control this - the management and record company do. Jan himself expressed the idea of limiting the mount of clips available though and even stated he would be fine if there wasn't a single released before the album.

Thank you. You're absolutely correct. I think Rod has been extremely cautious this time around.

All in an effort to try and recreate the era when people didn't know much about an album until they saw it in stores like it was in the 80's. I think it's going to work and the boys will have a very successful album and another great milestone added to their career.

All in an effort to try and recreate the era when people didn't know much about an album until they saw it in stores like it was in the 80's. I think it's going to work and the boys will have a very successful album and another great milestone added to their career.

If this thread is anything to go by, their strategy is working well!

If they're trying to get a US #1 album, it's strange how the CD and vinyl versions have been unavailable for the past month at Amazon.com. I preordered when they were briefly available, but then they went "unavailable" and never came back.

Mods be lookin' at leakers like
maxresdefault.jpg

Leakers be all
nickomcbrain.jpg

I can also confirm that it is the new Maiden song! You'll have to wait for the official song for reviews though since I'd be breaking the rules by giving any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back