"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on that 2 month, 5 day prior to album release window for the single "el dorado" for the final frontier, we will see the single released.... tomorrow, June 30th.
:okok:

Edit: I realized my math sucks and it would've actually have been today, June 29th. 29+5=34. June 30+4 days= July 4th. :stupid:

Last edited:
I still think August 14th, or whatever the leaked release said, is the most likely date.

I still think August 14th, or whatever the leaked release said, is the most likely date.
I'd agree. Keep in mind that El Dorado was released primarily because they were playing it on tour at the time. It was pretty much the same with Wildest Dreams. There's no tour now, obviously, so I'd say it's more likely that we'll be waiting until late July-early August for any full song at the earliest.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow to a new song though, that would be awesome!

I agree that late july to early august is the likely time to expect the single. I'm going with sometime between July 28th-August 14th.

It will need to be epic. It will need to be flawless. No question. Mariner. Poweslave. PFD. Ssoass. The list is endless and each individual has there own. No one will ever agree on "the best" anyway. But there is a title on that list on page 1 of this thread, that represents a mighty giant in the maiden catalogue....perhaps...the best.
I feel that Maiden has achieved this with their last 4 efforts and I'm very confident they will do it once again.

It is so nice all of us discussing about something WE HAVEN'T GOT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA ABOUT :fencing:
\

Finally some realism in this thread!

boo.gif

Mariner and especially Paschendale are nothing special or noteworthy, thusly its easy to surpass them ;)
I just saw this now, and considering that Mariner clocks in at 3rd on the all time Maidenfans.com rankings, and that Paschendale comes in at 4th, let us be clear - most people think these songs are both special and noteworthy, and that they are only surpassed by two songs - Phantom and Hallowed.

Furthermore, Paschendale is the only reunion-era song in the top 10. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns sits at 12th, Blood Brothers at 16th, and the top entry from TFF is Starblind at 24th.

Not sure we discussed this, but Maiden is doing their vinyl release much differently with this album

Black vinyl instead of a picture disc. The picture discs look cool, but play like crap. I have been hoping they would re-release BNW to TFF on black vinyl.

Anyway, a happy development

Just got the message that the next FC mag is being printed, set for delivery next week. I'd say between that and Kerrang, we're about to get a whole lot of new TBOS info! :rocker:

I just saw this now, and considering that Mariner clocks in at 3rd on the all time Maidenfans.com rankings, and that Paschendale comes in at 4th, let us be clear - most people think these songs are both special and noteworthy, and that they are only surpassed by two songs - Phantom and Hallowed.

Furthermore, Paschendale is the only reunion-era song in the top 10. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns sits at 12th, Blood Brothers at 16th, and the top entry from TFF is Starblind at 24th.

Thats what the winking smilie is for. I know its just an opinion. It would have been better suited for the unpopular opinions thread I admit that, as it added little to this conversation here.

Just got the message that the next FC mag is being printed, set for delivery next week. I'd say between that and Kerrang, we're about to get a whole lot of new TBOS info! :rocker:

That's some pretty awesome news. Can't wait!

It'll be interesting to see how detailed that interview is. It'll be nice to get a sense of some of the songs, but I'm not expecting a whole lot to be revealed.

It'll be interesting to see how detailed that interview is. It'll be nice to get a sense of some of the songs, but I'm not expecting a whole lot to be revealed.

I doubt it .. I think we will get a lot of "real proud of the album" "stands up to our past efforts", etc kind of quotes. Probably a few tid bits versus anything notable

Looking forward to see a new sub-board in the Commentary section. A Book of Souls board and topics for individual songs (and other album related matters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back