"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're expecting. When TFF was announced we got just an album title and a look at the Eddie, it was was a few months later when we got the single, tracklist, artwork and release date. I believe writing credits were leaked a month or so later. We just got all of that (minus the single) in a single announcement not too long ago. There's not much more news to give is there? They're going to want to pace out things such as singles to keep the hype train steady until September.

Here's my vague (and potentially incorrect) memory of the sequence of events for the last few new Maiden studio releases -

Brave New World - artwork and song titles released a few months in advance, The Wicker Man video released maybe a few weeks prior, album out end of May.

Dance of Death - artwork and song titles (and writing credits I believe) released prior to the summer Give Me 'Ed Til I'm Dead tour. All fans think the cover is a fake and hideous. Wildest Dreams played on that tour followed by leaks of Rainmaker and Dance of Death a few weeks prior to release. Album out early September.

A Matter of Life and Death - artwork, song titles, writing credits all revealed in early June. Breeg single released early August. Different World and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns streamed on the site a few weeks later. A 3 minute snippet of the DVD that was to come with the album posted maybe 3 weeks before release. Album out end of August/early September

The Final Frontier - countdown on the site of the release of the new album details, again early June. Artwork, song titles, writing credits and El Dorado in mp3 form all released on that day (Maiden site laggy as all hell for like a week). The Final Frontier video released in mid to late July, album released in mid August.

I'm pretty certain about AMOLAD and TFF, the others are bit long enough ago where I'm hazy on those. Quite honestly, once the album is out (in 67 days) you'll forget most of the pre-release stuff anyway.

So, all this being said, I'm not surprised there hasn't been anything else official yet. If I were a betting man I'd bet maybe a single or video or something by end of July at the very earliest. Obviously we'll have magazine articles and whatnot before then to wet our appetites. My advice is to just try as hard as possible to be patient, it's a fun ride when there's news everyday.

It will need to be epic. It will need to be flawless. No question. Mariner. Poweslave. PFD. Ssoass. The list is endless and each individual has there own. No one will ever agree on "the best" anyway. But there is a title on that list on page 1 of this thread, that represents a mighty giant in the maiden catalogue....perhaps...the best.

Oh man, anyone remember hearing paschendale the first time? Holy shiznit!! That was the " they are fricken back!!" Moment for me. No disrespect to the great bnw. Paschendale brought tears. Rage, laughter. Every emotion. I am hoping for that experience in a song on BOS.

Speed of light sounds like a single... Just does sound like a hit and an introduction....

Dance of Death - artwork and song titles (and writing credits I believe) released prior to the summer Give Me 'Ed Til I'm Dead tour. All fans think the cover is a fake and hideous.
But Brigs is like, yeh, I think that would make a good avatar! :lol:
Talking about the single Speed of light...............any source talking about a Video of that single?
Video?! Is it even confirmed that this is the single? o_O
@LooseCannon - I'll get the tar if you provide feathers.
Paschendale is just so so... :innocent:
Oh man, anyone remember hearing paschendale the first time?
No.

I'm not sure what you're expecting. When TFF was announced we got just an album title and a look at the Eddie, it was was a few months later when we got the single, tracklist, artwork and release date. I believe writing credits were leaked a month or so later. We just got all of that (minus the single) in a single announcement not too long ago. There's not much more news to give is there? They're going to want to pace out things such as singles to keep the hype train steady until September.
The Final Frontier - countdown on the site of the release of the new album details, again early June. Artwork, song titles, writing credits and El Dorado in mp3 form all released on that day (Maiden site laggy as all hell for like a week). The Final Frontier video released in mid to late July, album released in mid August.
Mosh is wrong and Donner is correct here. The first single, El Dorado was released on June 8th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_(Iron_Maiden_song) And TFF was released on August 13th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier

So, we could get a new song from TBOS as early as 2 months in advance.

But Brigs is like, yeh, I think that would make a

Dance of Death is awesome. DOD Eddie is awesome. What I believe to be the sentiment behind the artwork is also awesome, but it either fell down badly in its execution, or was grossly unfinished. I suspect a bit of both. My full opinion on DOD artwork is some place else on this forum, probably the DOD thread.

Mosh is wrong and Donner is correct here. The first single, El Dorado was released on June 8th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_(Iron_Maiden_song) And TFF was released on August 13th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier

So, we could get a new song from TBOS as early as 2 months in advance.
Yes but the album was announced before that because of the tour. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...ntier-north-american-tour-with-dream-theater/

Remember, there is no tour to promote the album in advance this time, so things will be different.

That was the tour dates + the name of the album.

With no tour this time, I wonder if the timeline will be more like what they did for AMOLAD? It's already shaping up to be quite similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back