"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposite from me then... Pretty much all of Gers/Harris tracks on last 4 albums are great. A lot of interesting melodies. H wrote "Mother of Mercy", "Wildest Dreams", "Fallen Angel", "The Final Frontier" and "El Dorado", which pardon me for saying, looks like pure mediocrity beside "Dance of Death", "Montsegur", "The Legacy", "The Talisman", "The Alchemist" and "The Pilgrim". :)

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Dunno why people are mystified at how Bruce can write songs. I thought it was well known that he could play guitar, and he actually plays one onstage during "Revelations" in the Live After Death video. lol
Did you hear what he actually played ? My 9 year old son can play this. And I've got several interviews where HE says that he is not that good at guitar and doesn't practice enough. That's why his partenership with Adrian and Roy Z are so interesting : because those guitarists add something he just can't deliver.

But yes, Steve structures the ideas and writes the lyrics - and that's what his co-credit probably is given for.
Adrian, Jannick and of course Steve himself also said he writes what they call the "melody", i.e., the melody line of the lyrics.

That's certainly a possibility, but the album was recorded last year... before Bruce was diagnosed, I think. I could very well be wrong though.
I was just asking if this sole credit thing could have been decided after he was diagnosed. A good and classy way to put him to the forefront.

Maybe Bruce's stuff on the new album was originally planned for a solo-release, and even Roy Z was involved with the writing of it? I mean, how was the story back then with "Bring your daughter", wasn't Gers somehow involved in the writing? Just asking.
I am very excited about "Book of Souls", I think it's going to be great. btw hi forum!

Did you hear what he actually played ? My 9 year old son can play this. And I've got several interviews where HE says that he is not that good at guitar and doesn't practice enough. That's why his partenership with Adrian and Roy Z are so interesting : because those guitarists add something he just can't deliver.

Bruce could just be downplaying his playing abilities. I recall him saying that he wrote Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter in 5 minutes. And this was a song he wrote outside of Maiden. Whilst BYDTTS is hardly a fest of technical skills, you'd still have to be fairly decent on guitar to compose a song like that, especially in the short amount of time in which Bruce claimed to have written it. If your 9 year old son can compose a song like that, I'd suggest trying to get him a record deal pronto!

I've read every post. Just curious as to why, based on songwriting credits, song names, & song lengths, we'd think it would be anything like these two albums. Not that strange a question.
We don't think, we just guess and wonder. ;)

I never seriously stated that the album would really sound like any of these albums. As you might know, I am kind a crazy about Maiden trivia. I like to draw parallels (or differences). Titles. lengths and credits are the only things we have at the moment. For me, these are the kind of moments to go back in history and see what happened.

+1

The cover was presented as being the cover and they named the artist. It would not be respectful towards an artist when you put on a preview and don't say it's a preview. So it's the finished thing. A large version with all the visible details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back