"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOD was then TBOS is now.Come on you guys the new artwork is quite solid.

The Battle of Salamis was a battle where Xerxes was defeated.
Mmmmm Salami

drooling_homer-712749.png

Given that this is the internet, I'm surprised the first choice isn't something along the lines of "The Bacon of Supersayans".

I'm thinking this album cover may have a prehistoric theme to it perhaps? If you look at Eddie's body it looks like he was frozen in ice for 1,000 years.. Maybe the final cover will have snow and ice all over and Eddie is coming back to life! Similar to the Live After Death theme, but instead of coming back to life from lightning, he comes back to life after being frozen for 1,000 years..? I'm not sure if the title or any songs could be referred to that theme or not though, but it would still be cool! I suppose similar to the Powerslave theme too, but not Egyptian.

The band encountered a unique situation when structuring the tracklist for The Book Of Souls because several track positions take on greater significance with a double studio album.

Almost as important as the album opener and closer is the disc one closer and disc two opener. These tracks MUST be strong, which gives me high hopes for Death Or Glory and The Book Of Souls (song). The second song on disc 2 is another pivotal position and so I very much look forward to hearing Shadows Of The Valley. It is 7:32 long and a Gers/Harris composition...two perfect ingredients for a mini-epic.

The band encountered a unique situation when structuring the tracklist for The Book Of Souls because several track positions take on greater significance with a double studio album.

Almost as important as the album opener and closer is the disc one closer and disc two opener. These tracks MUST be strong, which gives me high hopes for Death Or Glory and The Book Of Souls (song). The second song on disc 2 is another pivotal position and so I very much look forward to hearing Shadows Of The Valley. It is 7:32 long and a Gers/Harris composition...two perfect ingredients for a mini-epic.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. The tracklist is even more important than ever with this being a double album. Even if it ends up being a failed experiment by the band (which I doubt), there's no denying that the band's going for something very interesting and incredibly ambitious. Especially considering how late in their career this album is coming out.

Going off that, I have a strong feeling the lead single will be Death or Glory. Disc 2 needs to kick off with a bang. It should have an energy level similar to what you'd want in a lead single before the release of an album.

Going off that, I have a strong feeling the lead single will be Death or Glory. Disc 2 needs to kick off with a bang. It should have an energy level similar to what you'd want in a lead single before the release of an album.

That's a good guess. I'm thinking either "Death or Glory" or "Speed of Light." It's bound to be one of the H and Bruce songs though.

I was thinking Speed of Light as track 2 and the right length was obvious for the single. I hadn't considered the double-album order as an issue.

I'm also not convinced that "double album" means what it used to in the digital age. At 92 minutes, it's only 12 longer than a one full CD. And with all the deluxe editions, a 2 or 3 CD release isn't special either. So I still go for track 2, Speed of Light, being the single. Disc one before disc two. :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back