"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I think you are correct

there was no b-sdies to the promo's off TFF because they were promos not singles.

If this is a proper cd single release then there will have to be b-sides. You can't charge $13.99 for one track

If this is a proper cd single release then there will have to be b-sides. You can't charge $13.99 for one track

Well it says on the sticker CD-single + 1 XL t-shirt and a coupon.

Besides Best Buy is exclusively for US and Canadian citizens I believe. Makes no sense if us Europeans are wondering where to get this single ;)

Last edited:
FC magazine arrived.

I haven't noticed anything significant as yet. Pic of Steve in the studio, nice article about Dave's gear.
There's a pic of the guys standing in front of a South American pyramid. It looks a newish picture and it's hard to tell if it's actually just a backdrop because the whole thing has a parchment effect filter on it. Could be part of the new album artwork or publicity material.

Last edited:
FC magazine arrived. I haven't noticed anything significant as yet. Pic of Steve in the studio, nice article about Dave's gear.

Edit: There's a pic of the guys standing in front of a South American pyramid. It looks a newish picture and it's hard to tell if it's actually just a backdrop because the whole thing has a parchment effect filter on it. Could be part of the new album artwork or publicity material.
Bah. The first sentence got me excited. The second however.... fucking hell.
Almost the same effect as someone saying that Fear of the Dark is in the setlist again, before I have seen the concert.

Dave used some different amps and effects for recording TBOS. That's our snippet for this issue.

Last edited:

Besides Best Buy is exclusively for US and Canadian citizens I believe. Makes no sense if us Europeans are wondering where to get this single ;)

Cheers for the info, does XL mean extra large or something different? Seems strange that the t-shirt would be limited to a particular size?

It could very easily be a 1 track promo with a t shirt particularly if it's only available from one outlet. I'm hoping for a proper single release with b-sides, it was a disgrace that there was none of the last album

Is this all? I mean this is the article on the new album? Davey uses some new effects and that Laz heard the album???:facepalm:

Is this all? I mean this is the article on the new album? Davey uses some new effects and that Laz heard the album???:facepalm:
Incredible isn't it? They recorded an album aeons ago and wish to tell nothing about it, to paying fan club members. :nuts2:

There isn't really an article on the new album. Laz and an unnamed person (Rod?) in two separate articles mention the album, say record companies are busting a gut for it, it's a great album and they're glad Bruce has the all clear. There is a bit about the guitars and amps used in the recording of the new album in the feature about Dave's gear. They (or at least Dave) experimented with some different amps and effects. Dave dug an old Strat and a Tele out, Adrian played the Strat on something. I haven't read the whole mag as I'm busy at work, but as far as I can see, no bombshells.

Last edited:
Not much salient information regarding the new album in the fan magazine, apart from the fact that Dave apparently was aiming for a Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind era style guitar sound.

EDIT: Also a pretty cool picture of the band standing in front of a Mayan-style pyramid.

$13.99 for a t-shirt is not bad . depending on what the shirt looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back