"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a promo disc with the title track out already. I have record label connections. I heard it only once. It was certainly not a fake, I've loved the maiden since 1985 (30 years, crazy!), i know a maiden tune when i hear one. It was alot to take in, like when you first heard the final frontier album. You can believe me or not, doesn't matter.

Well, thank you, then! Interesting that the title track is selected for the promo disc.

To be honest, I did not think The Final Frontier was very very live sounding. So how do you exactly see this as a continuation of The Final Frontier sound?
Or do you mean style?

You can believe me or not, doesn't matter.
Thank you for the detailed answer. And I do think that general attitude towards what people are saying DOES matter. So, yes, my first move is generally to think that I'm told the truth.
And you are a lucky b.....d. :applause:

Forostar said:
Well, thank you, then! Interesting that the title track is selected for the promo disc.

To be honest, I did not think The Final Frontier was very very live sounding. So how do you exactly see this as a continuation of The Final Frontier sound?
Or do you mean style?
More the songwriting on the final frontier rather than the production. This song production wise was very live, at one point when the three guitars broke into one of their infamous harmonys, the bass and drums had an almost sloppy feel to them. Bruce sounded great though and there is a cool double track vocal bit that i remember liking. It's never ideal to hear a long song once on somebody else's stereo and come away with anything more than brief impression. I'll be buying the new album though and I'm looking forward to it as music as the rest of you.

Can you tell us what the song is about? I don't mean quite lyrics or anything, but just a general direction of the meaning.

Can you tell us what the song is about? I don't mean quite lyrics or anything, but just a general direction of the meaning.
As much as I'd like to, honestly i can't. There were four other people in the room all looking through a bunch of other promo garbage talking away. The title was in the chorus though.

More the songwriting on the final frontier rather than the production. This song production wise was very live, at one point when the three guitars broke into one of their infamous harmonys, the bass and drums had an almost sloppy feel to them. Bruce sounded great though and there is a cool double track vocal bit that i remember liking. It's never ideal to hear a long song once on somebody else's stereo and come away with anything more than brief impression. I'll be buying the new album though and I'm looking forward to it as music as the rest of you.

Your description of the production kinda reminds me a bit of the sound that AMoLaD had. Is that a fair comparison, even if the songwriting itself is more a continuation of TFF?

Much as I'm interested in hearing more, and might listen to anything that leaks (still undecided) are you planning on bringing in a policy on spoilers, mods?

Welp, Ive been super hyped literally from the moment they announced the album on facebook. This album is gonna be the best one since the classics, Im sure of it!

Haven't posted here for the past few years, but still I had to ask: does Bruce actually compose his tracks? Can't help but wonder how a vocalist who doesn't play an instrument came up with an 18 minute epic.

Can't wait to hear how that sounds on the track.

But honestly it's a good question. I suppose he writes the lyrics and then has ideas about how the particular music parts should be and then picks Steve's brain about it. He also does play a little bit of guitar too.

"
Dickinson goes on to describe the role that creativity has played in the mind of history’s greatest minds. “Leonardo DiVinci invents the helicopter … he imagined it and eventually it happened. Jules Verne invented the nuclear submarine, he just didn’t know about nuclear reactors. He imagined it, and that inspired generations of people to invent things. Einstein, of course, who was the kid at school who would never amount to much because he was rubbish at physics and didn’t pay any attention in class, said, ‘Imagination is greater than knowledge.’ If you can’t imagine it, it will never happen.”"

Read More: Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson Reveals the Musical Secret Behind ‘Run to the Hills’ |

I'm sure Bruce can imagine some great stuff :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back