"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God leaked mp3 files can't kill a person.If there was a way to make them lethal I am sure Rod would have used it.

Blaze Bayley came in to replace Bruce Dickinson?

Yeah, we did "The X Factor" and then we did the "Virtual XI" album. We out and did long tours on both those albums. We came back and bridges had been burned and they were rebuilt again. Blaze had gone and Bruce came back.

A quote from the Janick interview - he really skimmed through that answer, didn't he? (The question before was how he had felt when Bruce left the band.)

I don't understand why the management is being so strict about pulling these interviews/reviews, especially so late in the game. TBOS is only one month away as of today, and from all the comments I've read, these stories have only been helping to hype both hardcore and casual fans of Maiden that much more.

I guess this would be The Great Unknown for all of us. Rod would never admit something like that,would he?

Last edited:
iron_maiden___the_book_of_souls_x_by_croatian_crusader-d93z5xw.jpg

Fan art, but i found it interesting.

This is completely mental. The Team Rock album review has gone now, too. Weird, weird move, even if it is whipping everyone up into a frenzy about the new album.

I too don't understand all the secrecy. It's not like these interviews are coming with blow by blow accounts of the entire album either. The only thing I can think of is that there's and exclusivity deal with a magazine or something that would be why these interviews and reviews are being taken down. Because from any other perspective it doesn't make any sense.

This is really weird. What the heck is going on behind-the-scenes right now? Did Bruce relapse and they're delaying the album and all media for it or something (I sincerely hope not)? The management is acting really weird right now.

It's causing mild amusement on the FC forum, and they're still showing some of the content of these articles, so I can only assume it's part of the build-up.

Maybe they are trying to eliminate mentions of Bruce's bout with cancer so that when the album comes out people are talking about the band instead of just saying things like, "Bruce doesn't even sound like he has cancer on this recording!" So far all of these interviews talk a lot about Bruce's diagnosis, etc. Just a thought.

Maybe they are trying to eliminate mentions of Bruce's bout with cancer so that when the album comes out people are talking about the band instead of just saying things like, "Bruce doesn't even sound like he has cancer on this recording!" So far all of these interviews talk a lot about Bruce's diagnosis, etc. Just a thought.

That's a fair enough point, but the problem is that people are going to be talking about it for awhile. The best that they can do is just briefly answer it and then move on, or request that the subject not be brought up in the interviews.

I know the Glide one has been postponed, not scrapped, so I think it's timing rather than content.

Probably, but that's still a really weird way to go about things. The album is one month away. Building up hype and interest in the album now is as good a time as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back