THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

I cant belive they let that high choir level slip through the mix in TRATB. Im talking about in the last guitar outros.

Well, since the lawsuit with HBTN is settled, is it possible Maiden to add the two songs that also had been played through TBOS tour - HBTN and TOAC as a bonus songs to the Live Chapter - in audio and video formats ! That would be cool for us the fans and a big surprise by Maiden !

I doubt it too. But just saying, releasing one FC exclusive live single/EP every year would be cool... And Tears of a Clown (with that cool artwork they also used as a balckdrop) would be an obvious choice. Hallowed as a "b-side." Then again, I'm not even a FC member now... :D

But yeah, not happening. Something like a Record Store Day exclusive would be the the most realistic scenario.

Last edited:
But yeah, not happening. Something like a Record Store Day exclusive would be the the most realistic scenario.

No no no no no!

I’m absolutely sick of these record store day exclusives. Loads of cool things and no record store near me that participates in record store day. Not only that but some of the stuff is in limited quantities anyway so no guarantee I’d get something I wanted even if a store near me was part of RSD. Plus look at the scum bag scalpers. I saw loads of empire of the clouds records on eBay the day after RSD going for bullshit prices.

In fact when I looked at the list of record stores that were taking part in the U.K. it wasn’t a massive list. Wish record store day would just piss off. I also wish bands would do more exclusive stuff through their own websites and fan clubs. If it’s too expensive to releasesingles and eps in physical format these days as no one is buying them then just make limited quantities and sell them through the fan club or a bands on website. I bet there would be a big market for it. Especially a band like maiden who’s fan lap up anything and everything the band releases. I’m a big maiden collector and if they released TOAC and hallowed (live) as a joint single through the fan club as mentioned above I would join the fan club just to get it so Maiden would get a lot more money off me.

I expect the prices on a lot of these Record Store Day releases to come down eventually. The stuff that holds real value had low demand when it was released (90s Maiden vinyl for example). Not stuff that was announced as a limited release that fans and scalpers bought multiple copies of because they assumed it will be worth a lot of money in a few years.

It’s like comic books in the 90s that were branded as “collectors items” and are practically worthless now. I’m not saying you’re going to be able to buy Empire of the Clouds for below retail value, but all it takes is a few going for ~$25 on eBay for scalpers to freak out and flood the market with them. The price is already trending downward. Eventually they’re going to stop selling for $50.

Just dump them on YouTube or whatever and maybe release a Record Store Day single. Call it The Book of Souls: The Live Chapter - The Lost Pages and put some nice art on it, guarantee you it'll sell.

Just dump them on YouTube or whatever and maybe release a Record Store Day single. Call it The Book of Souls: The Live Chapter - The Lost Pages and put some nice art on it, guarantee you it'll sell.

Sounds like a great idea, minus the record store day exclusive. Why do all of the above and sell it through the maiden website or the fan club instead.

There's no need to release the audio of a live recording of 'Hallowed be thy Name' as we already have more than enough live versions of it. However, it would be nice to see an official video recording of it from TBOS tour as the theatrics with the noose were pretty cool (and difficult to see if you're short).

Pity Wikipedia wasn't around in the 80s. They could sue for the lyrics to Alexander the Great. :innocent:

Yeah I was referring to putting them up as video on YouTube specifically. The Record Store Day thing would just be an exclusive single, but I figure they'd put the digital version up for streaming later too. Everybody wins, and Maiden will probably recoup the costs involved with just the single release.

Yeah I was referring to putting them up as video on YouTube specifically. The Record Store Day thing would just be an exclusive single, but I figure they'd put the digital version up for streaming later too. Everybody wins, and Maiden will probably recoup the costs involved with just the single release.

I think it would be cool if they just put the 2 songs on YouTube free for the fans like they did with the whole TBOS: LC live/video album ! They can rename the title specially for this two songs, for example, The Book of Souls: Live Chapter bonus songs or Lost Pages as you said. Or they can release Tears of a Clown as a live single (the B-side would be the live version of HBTN). The live single can also contains the poster of the full artwork of the backdrop, and it's definitely worth it with that awesome artwork !

Attachments

• toac.jpg
    toac.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 25
  • toacl.jpg
    toacl.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 25
Back