The Beatles

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Welcome to The Beatles week! Discuss the fab four and all their related projects here

Me neither. But to celebrate I'll listen to Past Masters on the way to school tomorrow. Great compilation

Definitely agree though, I never ended up owning Past Masters on cd or anything yet. Come to think of it, for as much of a fan that I am, I think it's odd that I actually don't own all their albums yet. Of course, I've listened to all of them over time but don't own all of them. Guess that's not a big deal but it just kind of occured to me that I hadn't completed the collect yet. ::)

I don't own all the albums either, missing a lot of the early ones. The 2009 remasters are so awesome though, with the liner notes and mini documentaries. Plus they sound great. Had I known how good they were, I probably would've just saved up and bought the whole box set.

I've heard alot of good things about the remasters. Maybe I'll look into getting the box set sometime so at least I'll have the ones I don't have and to replace my poor worn and scratched cds at present. As far as the mini docs, do they just talk about the making of the albums and such?

They're short (3-5 minutes) clips that have comments from all 4 band members and George Martin about the albums in general and some individual songs. Despite being short, they're worth watching.

That is pretty awesome! Though, with seeing The Beatles Anthology many times over, I don't know if those little docs would be anything new to me to be honest. :lol: Not sure if you have ever seen it but it's really great. It's a very indepth look at their history from beginning to end.

Oh that Anthology doc was so good. So long too, takes like an entire day to watch. :lol: There might even be parts of it I've missed, never got the DVD set of that.

I love it to death. Come to think of it, I haven't watched it in quite a while. May have to fix that. :D It originally was a tv special that aired 3 nights way back in 1995 and I remember that's where I first saw it when I was a kid. Hell, that was before you were born! I feel kind of old now! :lol: Anyway, once it came out on VHS, my dad got it for Christmas one year and much later, I got it for Christmas on DVD.

So I only missed it by a year. :p I first saw it on TV too, but back in 2009 when VH1 was doing a full week of Beatles stuff. Also saw the Help movie then, not too many fond memories of that one. :lol:

No not at all. I didn't like the whole Roger Moore-era Bond feel to it. I think I was expecting something similar to A Hard Day's Night, which is great.

I love Help!. I'd have to say that's my 2nd favorite Beatles movie. First being Yellow Submarine. That one was my all time favorite movie as a kid. So much that it use to have to be hidden from me so I couldn't watch it. :lol: A Hard Day's Night is definitely great too. Magical Mystery Tour is a strange one but it's still great. As for Let It Be, I actually have never seen that one. They show bits of it in the anthology but I've never come across it on VHS or anything to actually be able to watch the whole thing. I did hear that it might be coming out on DVD next year so I may have to snatch that up, if it does.

Help is the only one I don't enjoy. Yellow Submarine definitely makes a good kids movie. Hard Day's Night is my favorite, though I haven't seen it in quite a long time. I love the strangeness of Magical Mystery Tour, probably my second favorite. MMT was also my first Beatles album, so that whole period is kinda special. I downloaded Let It Be some time ago and it's pretty great. I set it apart from the rest because it's a documentary rather than a fictional movie. It would make sense that Let It Be gets released soon, as MMT and Yellow Submarine both got snazzy blu ray releases recently, which look pretty awesome.

I got the re-release of Yellow Submarine when that came out and it definitely looks great! I was pretty excited when I first heard they were coming out with that again. I have yet to get MMT but I do plan on getting it; it has been forever since I've seen it. I mean, I do have it on VHS but I really don't feel like digging out my VCR just to watch it when I can just get it on DVD now anyway. :lol: I really hope they do bring out Let It Be and like you said, it would make sense if they did. Then my Beatles movie collection would be complete! :D

Only one I own is Hard Day's Night, I really ought to fix that. Probably a good time to do so since they all seem to be getting the remaster treatment. I can't wait to see MMT in glorious HD since all I've seen is a VHS rip.

I may have pointed MMT out to my brother a few times :D

Back