Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend Warrior

• Wasting Love

• Wasted Years

• Total voters
I had to listen both Dance of Death and Dream of Mirrors now because I was with undecided. I choose Dance of Death. Both are awesome tho.

Despite knowing that Dokken is in a league of its own, I hope another song wins lol.

Jonszat said:
Some excellent songs this round.

The Clansman won though. I love the intro and a song where the chorus involves the audience screaming "Freedom" is almost impossible to dislike.

Once I was doing bench press and I really struggled getting the weight up. When I finally managed to get it up and put it to rest on the rack, I yelled "FREEEEEEDOMMMMM", to my training partner's amusement  :D

Dream of Mirrors. Such a great song, and I firmly believe, Jan's best composition to date.

I disagree on that statement. Dance of Death is good, it's great - but I consider Dream of Mirrors to be wholly underrated. Indeed, it clocks in at #5 on my list of Favourite Maiden Songs, and was once as high as #2.

LooseCannon said:
I disagree on that statement. Dance of Death is good, it's great - but I consider Dream of Mirrors to be wholly underrated. Indeed, it clocks in at #5 on my list of Favourite Maiden Songs, and was once as high as #2.
DoM is probably in my top 25 (which doesn't sound great, but when you remember how good Maiden are...) and is my 3rd fav off of BNW (Blood Brothers and BNW, 1 + 2). But DoD is top 20. Hence just being better than DoM.

LooseCannon said:

I hold Dream of Mirrors high as well, but hearing Dance of Death live gave me a little extra appreciation for it - I'll admit that.

Also, Drifter and Don't Look Into The Eyes of a Stranger are two of my least favourite Maiden songs ever. I expect people who vote for them will have just slipped ;)

On the other hand, Die With Your Boots On and Deja Vu are two underrated pieces of music. The same goes for The Duellists. But against DoM and DoD they fall short.

Awesome, no Dokken votes.  And for my vote, Dance of Death was so amazing live that it beats DoM.

The Duellists.  Letter D was the hardest yet, believe it or not.  Dance of Death and Die with Your Boots on were in contention, but I've listened to The Duellists few hours ago so it wins. :)

Don't .... Stranger is also good. 

I like The Edge of Darkness and The Educated Fool. I love The Evil That Men Do. After all, it lives on and on...

Back