Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

• N/A

• Total voters
Re: The 2nd Greatest Band of All Time R1 Group D

Wasted CLV said:
Joe Lynn Turner was a great singer for Rainbow, I don't think he ever got enough credit.

JLT is one of my favourite singers.I love all his albums with Rainbow, Odyssey is definitely one of my favourites with Malmsteen and Slaves and Masters is the last great Purple album.
Seeing now how the Purple boys(except for Blackmore of course) managed to turn Stroke of Midnight into the abomination called One Man's Meat shows how wrong they were when they kicked him out.I'm just waiting for his new solo album, listen to some nice music and get an idea of how Purple should have sounded back then.

Re: The 2nd Greatest Band of All Time R1 Group F

Led Zep will win, but I voted for Dio.

No discussion here, Led Zep is probably the best and the most influential band ever. They were all great musicians, specially Page and Plant.
And besides that they probably wrote one of the best songs ever, Stairway to Heaven.

It's a shame that they're criticized and accused of plagiarism (which is true, from all I heard many of their best songs are copies of others artists music and that will never be forgotten).
Still it's a great band, better than all the other options for sure.

Surprised that there's no competition in a poll with Deep Purple in.  :blink:

Deep Purple, Dio and Led Zepp are some of my all-time favourite groups. LZ especially has my all-time favourite song of any band.

But I voted Deep Purple because I felt it would get the least votes of the three. And it did.

True, they could have voted for any of them except those 2 (all are good except that ones lol).

Btw it's Scorpions, not Scorpians.  :p

I voted for the Foo Fighters because I knew they wouldn't get much love and they're a good band. I enjoy what I have of Dio's music, same with Zepp and Deep Purple probably more than the Foo's but I have more Foo albums so meh :p

Thanks for 'fessing up. :p That's actually much more understandable. (That's the reason I voted DP anyway.)

Moonchild33 said:
Whoever voted Nirvana and the Foo Fighters over Dio. . . <facepalm>

Or worse, Alice in Chains.  Got to be one of the most boring bands I've seen live.

Zeppelin for me. Their creativity made them one of the more influental bands in the transition between 60s and 70s rock music. They could also be seen as one of the bands who inspired the first heavy metal bands.

Dio and Purple are very close behind, though.

Invader said:
Or worse, Alice in Chains.  Got to be one of the most boring bands I've seen live.

I agree, live they suck, boring as hell, but studio albums are great imo, Dirt is a great album!

Back