Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

• N/A

• Total voters
Re: The 2nd Greatest Band of All Time R1 Group C

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Unlike Lemmy, Axl can actually sing though. Listen to some of their ballads such as Patience, Sweet Child, Don't Cry, November Rain, and Civil War.

I have listened to those songs. Many times. They are all among my favourites in hard rock. It's just a matter of taste whether one likes Axl's voice or not.

By the way, Sweet Child O' Mine is one of the songs I enjoy most playing on guitar.

2nd greatest band of all time is Iron Maiden.

Dokken.

Look, we all know Adrian Smith is the greatest band. Dokken was a joke. No need to get serious.

Re: The 2nd Greatest Band of All Time R1 Group D

Dream Theater is my #2 band after Maiden. They should win this entire shindig as far as I'm concerned.

I give the nod to Metallica here. They have produced some of the greatest heavy metal albums ever made, and despite I'm not a big fan of their post-BlackAlbum material, the first few albums are enough to convince me to vote for them.

Both Tool and DT have produced some great stuff as well, I just don't know their catalogs in depth. I should probably do myself the favour and check out Kreator as well.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Dream Theater is my #2 band after Maiden. They should win this entire shindig as far as I'm concerned.

Not my #2, but pretty close. So my vote goes to them.

Metallica gets my vote here. Metallica were my favourite band ahead of Maiden up until the black album, but haven't done much I've liked since. I enjoy Kreator and Manowar aswell, was never really into korn or tool. Haven't heard much Dream Theater only systematic chaos, but I love that album.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Agreed. Too bad Metallica will probably beat them in this round.

My vote goes to Metallica, at least to the band "that existed" from Kill' Em all untill Black Album. In that period Metallica ruled to world, they were just great. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are 2 of the best albums ever made and, being better than anything else released from DT they get my vote.

DT, nowadays are better imo, they're one of my favourite bands as well, but taking all discography in consideration I have to give Metallica my vote, they were more influential in their time.

I voted Metallica, but none of those bands are in the running for the title.

Their first 4 albums and a worth listening best seller give 'em my vote.

Guess i will give the nod to "and justice for all" and earlier Bortallica. Though old school Man-o-War is pretty killer.

Back