Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thoughts, this 'say very little' strategy is working well for Maiden in terms of getting interest going. Just look at all the posting going on around here.

Or those that saw the first show in Texas and got to see Brighter Than A Thousand Suns live... before the setlist got the Wrathchild treatment :(

I was at that show at the crap shed in Dallas by the Cotton Bowl.

^ leaving questions unanswered and sparking mystery creates suspense and keeps people focused. I'm glad to see them doing it. I'm sure they did it back in 1985 after The World Slavery Tour ended and they actually took a break for some time...

I have never really been disappointed at a Maiden gig in my life but there are some shows I have loved more than others due to set list and venue.

this 'say very little' strategy is working well for Maiden in terms of getting interest going.

Rod Smallwood is taking some cues from Peter Grant's playbook. The "mystery" surrounding Zep, their lack of details in publicity, was a big part of their mystique and draw.

I hope the album cover is better than the last couple of them. Eddie has been quite ugly these last few albums in a bad way. AMOLAD was cool though with the war logo. TFF is the ugliest thing I think I ever saw.

TFF is the ugliest thing I think I ever saw.

Agreed. That cover was terrible. Eddie's human, not alien. Further, the gore and blood might work great on an album cover, but it makes for a T-shirt you can only wear to a Maiden show. I wear any other Maiden shirt and people say "cool, Maiden!" That shirt makes them say "WTF is that and what kind of freak wears a shirt like that?"

Agreed. That cover was terrible. Eddie's human, not alien. Further, the gore and blood might work great on an album cover, but it makes for a T-shirt you can only wear to a Maiden show. I wear any other Maiden shirt and people say "cool, Maiden!" That shirt makes them say "WTF is that and what kind of freak wears a shirt like that?"
Killers has blood.

^ not to the extent that would "concern" someone. I have a Killers shirt from the Maiden England tour but the shirt that gets the most looks are Seventh Son shirts like my Clairvoyant shirt. People give me that "wtf is that" look when they see it

Killers has blood.
Yes, but everybody knows that picture and it doesn't have the same shocking impact as it had back in the 80s. It is just a part of classic Metal imagery, like the Motörhead or Priest diving eagle.
I think Maiden has never released anything REALLY shoking thoug : I remember a friend of mine wearing a really horrible Cannibal Corpse tee-shirt (something with babies), and everybody, including me, was disgusted.

This is my Clairvoyant shirt from 2012

My Killers shirt from 2012 isn't THAT bad

except for maybe the back... not something to wear into church

I'm with Mosh. The cover for TFF is kick ass!

Maiden usually releases their first single around 2 months before the album comes out, but with bands like Metallica and Slayer putting out a new demo song super far in advance and some bands releasing full versions of new songs 4-6 months before their album comes out, we might not have to wait too much longer to hear something new. Hopefully a new song around January or February and the new album around May or June.

TFF's cover is OK. It's much better than the DoD, X Factor and debut cover in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back