Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
STUDIO = OUDIST

Lamech is in the Book of Genesis. He created the first oud, shaping it to resemble the skull of his dead son. The first song Lamech wrote as an oudist, and therefore the first ever song played with an oud, was "The Song of the Sword". My guess is that one of the epic's on the new album will be based on the story of Lamech and the intro will be an oud solo played by Dave.

o_O

Well, it would explain the ninjas....maybe..

I wonder why they're making such a secret of all this. They've been pretty open on writing, recording and releasing in the past.

No, I'm not thinking anything here. I just find it very odd.

Yes, well at least the recording thing is out in the open now, the cover of the new magazine reveals that. I've yet to receive my copy so I don't know if Laz says anything else in the introduction...

I guess it's just a matter of time now before they reveal the whole thing, the mag teaser, the little bit in the card about an extra Christmas gift etc... I'm guessing at Christmas or around New Yeas eve they'll make the big announcement on the homepage, maybe with album name, release date and everything?

Yes, well at least the recording thing is out in the open now, the cover of the new magazine reveals that. I've yet to receive my copy so I don't know if Laz says anything else in the introduction...
I guess it's just a matter of time now before they reveal the whole thing, the mag teaser, the little bit in the card about an extra Christmas gift etc... I'm guessing at Christmas or around New Yeas eve they'll make the big announcement on the homepage, maybe with album name, release date and everything?
Laz says they can't spill the beans any further for the moment. I haven't fished any more hints out of the magazine other than references to recording, which we all kind of knew about anyway. The card says Eddie has a Christmas gift for us, not to be opened until 2015.

I wonder how long the semi-secrecy is going to continue. The ninjas thing is new, though.

STUDIO = OUDIST

Lamech is in the Book of Genesis. He created the first oud, shaping it to resemble the skull of his dead son. The first song Lamech wrote as an oudist, and therefore the first ever song played with an oud, was "The Song of the Sword". My guess is that one of the epic's on the new album will be based on the story of Lamech and the intro will be an oud solo played by Dave.

They've recorded an album with Genesis? :p

Here's a Christmas present, but don't open it until next year; not much of a Christmas present then, is it? However, I suppose, the present is ready (recorded) we must assume; we just can't get our grubby paws on it until next year. An announcement at Christmas would indeed be a decent present though. I'm struggling to imagine anything more exciting (as exciting as it is) than an album & a tour though. You'd think (as Perun alludes) that Maiden had never done this before.

I bet it's a new solo album by Adrian! :lol:

Well, I did say maybe :p

Without having checked up on it completely it seems like the making of this album follows The Final Frontier pretty well...For the Final Frontier they also went to Paris to rehearse and compose all of the songs for the new album late 2009. Then they took a break off at Christmas and went to the Bahamas to record with Kevin Shirley in January and February 2010, in early march the Final Frontier album was done with El Dorado seeing the light of day in early June....I would suspect the new album to roughly follow this....Because if they've found a way they like to work they'll keep on doing it :D

Do you think we might see the announcement of a tour starting before the album is even out then? (Since that happened last time: they were in the States when TFF was released.) I seriously hope we aren't going to need to wait until the second half of the year for the album.

^ There had been some magic with hearing live versions before studio ones but the same is also true the other way around. Many of their tours kicked off before the album release. I prefer the studio first. I like the magic of putting a cd/cassette/record on and just pressing play or putting the needle down so to speak

Do you think we might see the announcement of a tour starting before the album is even out then? (Since that happened last time: they were in the States when TFF was released.) I seriously hope we aren't going to need to wait until the second half of the year for the album.

I hope they do not do that again, with the exception of El Dorado nothing from TFF was played in the US (outside of 2 dates in Florida).

I hope they do not do that again, with the exception of El Dorado nothing from TFF was played in the US (outside of 2 dates in Florida).

was there both shows :nana:

went to the one in Virginia in 2010 and only heard El Dorado too but heard later they started playing more songs and went down to Florida in 2011

I can wait some for the album I just hope we at least get a single released soon to hold us over. Maybe they could finally release their cover of Angel of Death as a B-Side to it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back