Stranger in a Strange Land

How good is Stranger in a Strange Land on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'stranger In A Strange Land'

Again the last solo. The song still rules with it, but I just try to wonder if the last solo part wasn't there.

You mean Janick's solo at 5:55?  Funny, I consider it one of Janick's best solos. :)

I was listening to this song today on my ipod and had to listen to H's solo 3 fucking times man, i've never tried to play this on my ole gittar but its definately one on the list to learn, pure classic 5 stars

This song keeps growing on me.  :ninja:

It's easily one of my favorites.

Daily Song: Stranger in a Strange Land

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Stranger in a Strange Land

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Everyone loves this track, and I know why. It's one of the most underrated songs I think in the Maiden catalog. I always enjoy the groove Steve sets up and the guitar is ethereal. However, it doesn't have that spark, that je ne sais quos, that illuminates 10/10 songs. I must therefore give it a 9.

Re: Daily Song: Stranger in a Strange Land

I think this would be a 10 if the chorus vocal was a bit better. The intro is sublime, the bridge is suitably catchy and the solo is out of this world. 9/10.

There's a 9 here!!
I've already explained my love for this song and one of Maiden's longest one man solo, in IMC topic. Brilliant!

Agree with the two previous speakers. The song is very strong, a classic, and the solo is among Adrian's very finest work. 9/10.

This song has, hands down, my favorite Maiden guitar solo.

Great, great song.  I love the structure with the verse/pre-chorus/verse/pre-chorus/chorus format. 

It has to have 2 ten's - one for the song and one for the solo. I'll elaborate more about it, later.

This is my fave of the three solo Adrian compositions. This is so cinematographic, so compelling, yet at the same time it grips the chest with that solo which words cannot describe. I listened to the whole album, yesterday afternoon, and it still rings that bell on how simple things, like this song, can make life so meaningful. 10!!!

9/10. The best song on the album. By far. The whole way the song is shaped is just sublime and I would rate this track right up there as a genuine Maiden classic. But as LC said, it does fall a tad short of a straight 10.

Great majestics riif and bass line, the story is interesting and H delivers one of his finest solos ever. Still it lacks something...

9/10

The solo is easily in my top 5 Maiden solos. Great guitars & bass!

9/10.

Back in the day when I was still exploring Maiden, Somewhere in Time was the fifth album I got into my greasy little paws. I listened to it at the record store, and the first verse Bruce sang made me get out my wallet and put the twenty Deutschmarks on the counter. Mind you, that was before I heard the solo. On my way back home, I tried to figure out what the lyrics meant. And at home, I only noticed that there was a solo that eclipsed everything else from this song and the rest of the album. To this day, it's one of my favourite Maiden moments, the song as a whole, that is. 10/10.

Everything's been said already: amazing solo, great groove, the whole band is working together perfectly.  I said Wasted Years might be Maiden's best 5-minute track, but I didn't realise SIASL was also rather close to 5 minutes.  Possibly the best track on the album, but then I could say that for at least three songs.  9/10

Amazing song. One of the best main riffs of metal history, maybe the best maiden solo, great vocal melodies. Just amazing. It's on my top 10 maiden songs list and it's 5th or 6th.

10/10

Thought this song was kind of dull and a bad choice as a single back in its heyday. It holds up better now as one of the band’s most soulful offerings — almost quiet and reflective in a way. Brilliant solo. Eight.

10, one of my favorites off SIT, I only like Deja Vu and Alexander better, and this one has my favorite solo ever.

Back