Steve Harris

Steve about SIT album (the interview is from 1986):

''We are really proud of it, as much as any other of our albums. Of course, with hindsight, there are some songs we're not so happy with, but it's not the end of the world. Songs like 'Gangland' and 'Invaders' (TNOTB), or 'Quest For Fire' and 'Sun And Steel' (POM) are not as strong as the others. On Powerslave, 'Flash Of The Blade' could have sounded a bit better. But on Somewhere In Time, everything's perfect, I have no regret''.

Thanks for sharing, but what does this have to do with Steve's solo career?

Thanks for sharing, but what does this have to do with Steve's solo career?
The quote is from Steve, that's why I shared it here. It seems this is a big problem? I didn't know every discussion in this thread should be only about Steve's solo career...

The quote is from Steve, that's why I shared it here. It seems this is a big problem? I didn't know every discussion in this thread should be only about Steve's solo career...
Use the interviews thread in the Maiden Chat forum instead! :)

If someone wants to see Steve in a very intimate setting, there are still tickets left for their pub gig in Peterborough (with Airforce supporting).

Anyone knows about British Lion's gig yesterday , any picture of it? I mean What about Steve?

He played the bass and wore the same T-shirt he has been wearing for quite some time (photo courtesy of Iron Maiden Fan Club member AlexvB)

91a02e7018a430866e6ad0f4f385ff0052b60e99_2_375x500.jpeg

Apparently, Tony Newton and Joe Lazarus were the road crew (or part of it).

Last edited:
So we now know why BL withdrew from The Darkness tour

I hope eveyone in the band will be OK until the London gig :bigsmile:

Honestly, I see this as quite in keeping with what we know of Steve's character, for better or for worse he is hard-headed and sticks to his guns. I can imagine him being told he had to test every day and just going 'load of bollocks mate, we'll do our own tour instead'.

Back