Steve Harris

The venues that I recognise on this list, including the Camden Underworld which I believe is the largest at 500 cap, do not require the NHS Covid Pass (double vax, recent infection and recovery or negative test within last 48 hours) - there are also no Scottish or Welsh dates (covid passes required by law in these countries, in Scotland there is no provision for negative tests, unvaccinated people are completely excluded from large events) which suggests this is an intentional choice to have as few covid related barriers to entry as possible.
Indeed. Which would seem to confirm the theory that one or more members of BL are unvaxxed. To their credit as such, at least they didn't label it a 'UK tour' while only playing dates in England like so many other touring bands seem to do.

Indeed. Which would seem to confirm the theory that one or more members of BL are unvaxxed. To their credit as such, at least they didn't label it a 'UK tour' while only playing dates in England like so many other touring bands seem to do.
Or, alternatively strongly ideologically opposed to the 'covid pass' idea perhaps?

Just hypothesising but this view is shared by a lot of backbench MPs for instance who are otherwise advocates for the covid vaccination program.

Having said that, is Tony Newton affiliated with BL in a touring capacity? His Twitter that was posted certainly seemed to err towards the more conspiratorial side of things versus the civil liberties argument.

Joking aside I know that COVID is going dangerous in UK again and is raising slowly in Europe although the double vaccine. So I don't understand why gigs in small indoor places are going to be allowed. There's also a problem with the flu this year.

Or, alternatively strongly ideologically opposed to the 'covid pass' idea perhaps?

Just hypothesising but this view is shared by a lot of backbench MPs for instance who are otherwise advocates for the covid vaccination program.

Having said that, is Tony Newton affiliated with BL in a touring capacity? His Twitter that was posted certainly seemed to err towards the more conspiratorial side of things versus the civil liberties argument.

I believe Tony Newton has done their live sound in the past but I would be surprised if he is the only nutjob in the organisation.

Joking aside I know that COVID is going dangerous in UK again and is raising slowly in Europe although the double vaccine. So I don't understand why gigs in small indoor places are going to be allowed. There's also a problem with the flu this year.
You could say the same about having pubs/restaurants or any other indoor venues open such as cinemas or theatres.

Honestly, I don't understand Steve's need to have British Lion. I wonder if at this stage in his life, he really wants to play pubs. To me it seems weird and unnecessary. Btw, Iron Maiden IS his creative outlet.
Maybe he has some secret ambition, to make British Lion very big and popular... We all know that will never happen.

Honestly, I don't understand Steve's need to have British Lion. I wonder if at this stage in his life, he really wants to play pubs. To me it seems weird and unnecessary. Btw, Iron Maiden IS his creative outlet.
Maybe he has some secret ambition, to make British Lion very big and popular... We all know that will never happen.

I think Steve just has a passion for playing live music. A British Lion tour can be cobbled together on short notice, doesn't require much investment or touring infrastructure and it gives him something to do and keeps him well practiced as a live musician during Maiden downtime.

I think Steve just has a passion for playing live music. A British Lion tour can be cobbled together on short notice, doesn't require much investment or touring infrastructure and it gives him something to do and keeps him well practiced as a live musician during Maiden downtime.
I don't mind Steve having a side project. I just wish they were better than British Lion.

If I remember correctly I think it was said by someone in the Maiden camp that the band has too much downtime now for Steve which is why he has been doing more with British Lion.

The guy likes to play live and he can afford to bankroll his side project. I do not particularly like British Lion's music, but it is nice to see him playing and creating music.

Not long ago, Newsted closed his post Metallica band, because it was not profitable, all the monetary expenses were carried by himself. I can't believe British Lion is profitable. I guess, Steve has enough money to play in the sandbox.
Newsted's Heavy Metal Music was nothing groundbreaking but listenable.

Not long ago, Newsted closed his post Metallica band, because it was not profitable, all the monetary expenses were carried by himself. I can't believe British Lion is profitable. I guess, Steve has enough money to play in the sandbox.
Newsted's Heavy Metal Music was nothing groundbreaking but listenable.

When I saw them in Edinburgh they had the luxury nightliner and a massive trailer parked outside the club. I think the trailer was twice the length of the club's facade by itself... So no, no way he made money on that. :cheers:

When I saw them in Edinburgh they had the luxury nightliner and a massive trailer parked outside the club. I think the trailer was twice the length of the club's facade by itself... So no, no way he made money on that. :cheers:
Yeah for sure BL won't make money on touring.

Yeah for sure BL won't make money on touring.

Probably not huge amounts, but I believe the band members get an ok-share..? I mean, Steve alone should make the attend rates at those shows quite high and while not terribly expensive, it's not like the ticket prices have to be super low either, again thanks to Steve. No way they'll get too rich with British Lion gigs, but it's probably not strictly hand to mouth business either.

Then again, I know nothing about these things, just pondering..! :D

When I saw them they played the same venue that Queensryche played in Dublin and it was packed.

Back