Steve Harris

Lol, got triggered there didn't you?

Perhaps if you spent less time spouting Yoon bile and faced reality you'd see that the stricter measures are working here and far more effective in combating the virus than Boris' laissez faire approach. Our infection numbers are far lower and the measures have saved thousands of lives.

If the idea of wearing a piece of cloth over your face or having to show proof of vaccination for a bit longer than our southern neighbours gets you foaming at the mouth and feeling like Wee Nikki is oppressing you I'd advise go get a bit of fresh air. Maybe climb a Munro or two. Discover your inner Scot.

And for the record, as a gigging musician I can confirm that the live music scene is thriving in Scotland despite the extra measures. That's because most grown-up people here stick to the rules and don't complain like big babies. Or make offensive insults. North Britain indeed.

Tsk.
Inner Scot? Oh dear. The nasty nationalist rears up to his full, albeit stunted, height. Next you'll be talking about "true Scots". My word, aren't you the bitter ethnofascist. It seems I've triggered the resident chippy, illiberal Anglophobe. I suppose the very name British Lion offends you. Spaldy: a wee man with a wee mind but a REAL Scot.

So the live music scene is thriving. Glad to hear it. What's the name of your Proclaimers-Corries covers act? Where's your next gig? On the street with the other, but rather more talented, buskers? Do you perform like a wee tartan monkey for the Braveheart brigade at the end of AUOB rallies?

Re. Steve. Again, any evidence of him being an antivaxxer? No. It's only in your wee, deluded, Scotch misted mind. More likely he wasn't prepared to be trapped in a touring bus bubble with no opportunity to meet the fans or to play football.

Btw, my avatar is dedicated to you, Ghostofcain, et al.

Inner Scot? Oh dear. The nasty nationalist rears up to his full, albeit stunted, height. Next you'll be talking about "true Scots". My word, aren't you the bitter ethnofascist. It seems I've triggered the resident chippy, illiberal Anglophobe. I suppose the very name British Lion offends you. Spaldy: a wee man with a wee mind but a REAL Scot.

So the live music scene is thriving. Glad to hear it. What's the name of your Proclaimers-Corries covers act? Where's your next gig? On the street with the other, but rather more talented, buskers? Do you perform like a wee tartan monkey for the Braveheart brigade at the end of AUOB rallies?

Re. Steve. Again, any evidence of him being an antivaxxer? No. It's only in your wee, deluded, Scotch misted mind. More likely he wasn't prepared to be trapped in a touring bus bubble with no opportunity to meet the fans or to play football.

Btw, my avatar is dedicated to you, Ghostofcain, et al.
So my comment about making offensive insults and acting like a big baby didn't sink in then?

Anyway, back on topic: when do you think British Lion will be announcing the shows in lieu of their extensive tour supporting The Darkness?

Will they be honouring the tickets of those fans who bought them just because British Lion were in the bill?

Will they be honouring the tickets of those fans who bought them just because British Lion were in the bill?
I wouldn't hold your breath. Unless the event is cancelled outright or postponed then your best option is to resell the ticket. Ticketmaster etc won't refund because a support act drops out.

I've had to try and resell my Carnifex ticket because Lorna Shore dropped from the tour (to headline their own tour instead no less) as someone must have told them they are much bigger than Carnifex lol.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Unless the event is cancelled outright or postponed then your best option is to resell the ticket. Ticketmaster etc won't refund because a support act drops out.

There was a hint of sarcasm in my original comment, as that is what some people have been demanding over at the British Lion facebook when it does make no sense (unless British Lion are willing to honour those tickets).

I bought my ticket for The Darkness; seeing British Lion would have been a bonus, but I am not complaining about the replacement chosen for the tour.

035a58bb4d5996b740bf6cc9e3a239d3c6f88e53_2_373x500.jpeg

Some of these venues are extremely intimate, the one local to me is a 200 capacity hall with no barrier, I never thought I'd be able to see Steve perform in such a setting.

No anti-COVID requirements?

The venues that I recognise on this list, including the Camden Underworld which I believe is the largest at 500 cap, do not require the NHS Covid Pass (double vax, recent infection and recovery or negative test within last 48 hours) - there are also no Scottish or Welsh dates (covid passes required by law in these countries, in Scotland there is no provision for negative tests, unvaccinated people are completely excluded from large events) which suggests this is an intentional choice to have as few covid related barriers to entry as possible.

EDIT - Wales has not been entirely passed over, though I suspect the venue is under 500 cap so no additional covid proof would be necessary.

Last edited:
The venues that I recognise on this list, including the Camden Underworld which I believe is the largest at 500 cap, do not require the NHS Covid Pass (double vax, recent infection and recovery or negative test within last 48 hours) - there are also no Scottish or Welsh dates (covid passes required by law in these countries, in Scotland there is no provision for negative tests, unvaccinated people are completely excluded from large events) which suggests this is an intentional choice to have as few covid related barriers to entry as possible.

Isn't Buckley in Wales?

Back