Steve Harris

Glad they got around to recording this at last. Perhaps that second album is coming very soon?

It's a pretty decent song. Hopefully this means we'll be getting a new British Lion album, which would be great.

EDIT: Maiden Facebook says it should be out in 2019. Sweet!

Last edited:
The mix is atrocious. The vocals are buried in the rest of the instruments and I can only hear the bass sometimes.

I'm not sure about the mix yet. I will have to listen a couple of times.

The song is amazing though. Liked it since I first heard it live.

Definitely like the song, good riff and pretty banging durin the final section.
Mix is poor, hard to understand how professionals end up with something like that. 2 guitars are really playin second fiddle to the bass and theres definitely times when the guitars are inaudible. I can only assume that it is 100% intentional and thats just how Steve wants it.
The singer is a mixed bag for me, some sections of this song he sounds great and sometimes not. Not quite sure what it is, maybe its his lower register and/or choice in melody I have a problem with. Overall, good song and il get the album when its out.

Definitely like the song, good riff and pretty banging durin the final section.
Mix is poor, hard to understand how professionals end up with something like that. 2 guitars are really playin second fiddle to the bass and theres definitely times when the guitars are inaudible. I can only assume that it is 100% intentional and thats just how Steve wants it.
The singer is a mixed bag for me, some sections of this song he sounds great and sometimes not. Not quite sure what it is, maybe its his lower register and/or choice in melody I have a problem with. Overall, good song and il get the album when its out.
I find Steve's bass is ridiculously loud in comparison to the guitars when BL play live. Just so people remember who they're there to see, maybe? The singer belts this one out live, he sounds softer and tamer in this recording.

It looks like the Toronto show has been moved from the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (capacity - 1,250) to The Great Hall (capacity - 480). I've been checking Ticketmaster and it looked like the seats just weren't selling (I don't think more than 250-300 or so).

I've never been to The Great Hall, but I'm pretty sure it standing room only (probably better for this type of show anyway).

(Source - see the British Lion Facebook page, or else check Ticketmaster - fortunately it says the original tickets will be honoured).

The song sounds like Steve ripping himself off. He's stuck in a comfort zone as a songwriter.

Yes and no. Considering how many people were complaining about the last release and the style it took, couldn't it be a sort of a response to that? Now they're trying to show the more recognizeable side of Steve Harris. The other songs they've done (like my favourite - "Bible Black") are quite different and way less Maiden-ish.

"Bible Black" should have been the first single.

Back