Steve Harris

british lion dates announced on the Maiden site
Those dates have been announced months ago. I've bought my ticket in june I think.

By the way, I need help on a particular detail. In the following interview with Steve and his son, Steve mentions (at 9:20) a particular album by Vangelis he likes a lot. I just can't understand the name of it, even with a list of the albums released by the man. Could someone help me please ?

By the way, I need help on a particular detail. In the following interview with Steve and his son, Steve mentions (at 9:20) a particular album by Vangelis he likes a lot. I just can't understand the name of it, even with a list of the albums released by the man. Could someone help me please ?
Not sure but I think he says 1492
Hope the native speakers could be of more help

Those dates have been announced months ago. I've bought my ticket in june I think.

Not sure but I think he says 1492
Hope the native speakers could be of more help

Correct. Steve mentions 1492 (i.e. 1492: Conquest of Paradise). Nice choice, although on a personal note, I prefer "Spiral", "Chariots of Fire" or "Blade Runner".

Hmm. Steve said "I wouldn't say it's our best album, necessarily..." (on The Book of Souls)

You don't hear that often (within 2 years of a release)!

Correct. Steve mentions 1492 (i.e. 1492: Conquest of Paradise). Nice choice, although on a personal note, I prefer "Spiral", "Chariots of Fire" or "Blade Runner".
Yep, he's saying 1492. Great album, probably one of Vangelis's best. I agree that the Blade Runner soundtrack is up there, though I'd probably also put Mythodea and Direct in that upper tier. And Albedo 0.39, Antarctica, and Mask are also excellent. Y'know, as long as you skip Beaubourg and Invisible Connections you're probably in good shape...

(Which reminds me, I need to listen to Rosetta some more...)

I didn't exepct to see so much appreciation of his work here... I'm gonna try some of the stuff you mention.

I know he likes movies sountracks (and would have loved to see him write some, which he was offered) but I didn't think of Vangelis. His son is amused to recall this, and Steve's face is funny when the name is mentionned (Yes, guys, I love Vangelis).

Vangelis was also part of Aphrodite's Child, a Greek Prog band that I could totally see Steve being into.

Here's the cover for their seminal work:

220px-666_Aphrodite%27s_Child.jpg

Vangelis was also part of Aphrodite's Child, a Greek Prog band that I could totally see Steve being into.

Here's the cover for their seminal work:

220px-666_Aphrodite%27s_Child.jpg

I still have a cassette of Aphrodite's Child (I think it is in concert IIRC). Demis Roussos (of 'Forever' fame) on lead vocal. I kinda liked it back in the day, but it's been over 25 years since I played it.

Are there any fans of British Lion here? I'm not reading all 44 pages of this thread but wanted to pop in to see what the consensus was on that album. I was super disappointed. It's not bad, it's just really bland, boring, and mediocre. The worst part is the vocals. The singer can sing well enough but he sounds SO quiet. I thought it was the production but even live he sounds very quiet. I'm looking for opinions that are not like my opinion.

Back