SPOILER thread for The Book Of Souls-VERY specific album details ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another needless thread.
Yeah, we're having the same conversation in two different threads now
dash2.gif
Agreed. We should have kept all this in one thread. There's no point, Perun, in saying just ignore it; if people are genuinely going to start chatting here too. Some (most?) people want to read everything that's being discussed. Either way, are both these threads not going to be locked once the album is out anyway?
I'd like to remind all forum members that answering a question like this in any form is against the rules. Leave these to the moderators, please.
Do you care that this is also copyright infringement?

I'd like to remind all forum members that answering a question like this in any form is against the rules. Leave these to the moderators, please.

srfc: Please do not use our forum to acquire or distribute leaked material. If we have reason to believe that is going on, all involved parties are subject to discipline. Please do not make requests for leaked material on our forum.

Sorry. There's already a scanned page of the metal hammer article in another thread so I thought it was kosher.

Thank you very much mods for defending my decision to start this thread! I would also like to add that we are almost a month away from the album being released and because of that, a lot of the type of stuff that is appropriate for this thread will be coming any time now and it's nice and convenient to have it all in the first post so again, people don't have to dig through pages and pages of posts just to find that stuff.

Thank you very much mods for defending my decision to start this thread! I would also like to add that we are almost a month away from the album being released and because of that, a lot of the type of stuff that is appropriate for this thread will be coming any time now and it's nice and convenient to have it all in the first post so again, people don't have to dig through pages and pages of posts just to find that stuff.
Travis, I think we all get the logic. However, people are still going to dump stuff (in spoilers, if required) in the other TBOS thread. There will be duplication. That said, if you keep that opening thread up-to-date this will indeed be a handy place to find what information has come out.

If Travis is gonna copy/paste all the findings people post in the other TBOS thread here for easy access then I'm fine with that. As long as we still use the other thread to discuss it in so that we don't have have to jump back a forth between two threads to keep up.

Ideally this thread should be read only...

The issue is still under discussion, please bear with us.
If I could make a suggestion: Over at the Dream Theater forums, there were two threads for the last album release. One was similar to the TBOS discussion thread we've got now, the other was a sticky/locked thread that was updated regularly with confirmed news. I.e. Track lists, musical content, interviews, etc. It was very useful and for a forum with much more activity than ours, it managed to keep things a bit more controlled. There were less complaints when the main thread descended into spam because nobody had to dig through hundreds of pages for information, they could just check the stickied thread.

They don't have a spoiler policy over there but I think a stickied thread could address this as well. Throw in a summary of the spoiler rules and put any information that would be considered spoilers (reviews or interviews) in spoiler tags. I think this might clear up confusion as to what is considered a spoiler and what's not. Basically it could double up as a quick reference for new album info and a handy guide to what should go in spoiler tags. Which is what the main issue is here I think. Opening another thread won't really solve much because stuff is going to end up in both threads anyway and what constitutes a spoiler still isn't clear.

Anyway, just a thought!

Those are some good ideas for sure Mosh. Another idea I had is to close Perun's pre-release thread and then have 2 new threads like we did with the Maiden England tour. One with spoilers, but not using tags and one with no spoilers that is just general discussion. It worked really well for the 2 tour threads. Yet another idea I have is to have a completely separate section of the forum with all the TBOS related threads in it so they don't clutter up this section. So, there are a few ideas for the mods to ponder over on here. Whatever they come up with will be perfectly fine by me. :)

Or why not just let the current TBOS pre-release thread stay as it is and let people talk freely there with no spoiler tags. Wouldn't that solve everything? We have been talking pretty much freely there already for 100 pages now......Then maybe the 1 or 2 people who don't want things spoiled could just not go there?!

Stop making it more complicated :p

:lol: No, I definitely think we need a thread where all this type of info can be found in the first post. I would hate to be a new member just coming to this site and have to dig through all of those pages to get info.

I agree. That is a good idea. Make it a sticky/locked thread like Mosh suggested that is read only and update it as news become availabe. Great way to keep check on everything. But two discussion threads are definitely not neccessary.

Teaser for the album just posted on official Facebook page. 28 seconds and pre order here kinda thing

Yeah, I actually don't see a reason why someone who wants to avoid spoilers would actually visit any thread regarding the new album... What is there to discuss apart from the actual album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back