SPOILER thread for The Book Of Souls-VERY specific album details ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
In the pre-release thread, Chazz and I were discussing the proper use of spoilers as far as TBOS is concerned and I agree with him that it would be a good idea to have a thread to put spoiler type stuff in without having to use spoiler tags. It's also a good idea to have a thread like this so people don't have to go digging through pages and pages to find things since I will update this first post as new things become available. Things people post here could include full album reviews by people who have received promo copies, official audio streams and samples, any detailed information about the album that is said in interviews with band members, etc. etc.(If you have anything else that you feel should be added, let me know and I'll put it here.) PLEASE try to keep the discussion here related to that type of stuff and not bring it off topic.

If the mods don't mind, I would like to repeat what they have said as far as what is against the rules to post here:

1. Any and all unofficial streams to leaked songs. This includes youtube, streaming radio stations that say they're going to play a new song that hasn't officially been released, a site that isn't selling the album putting out audio samples that haven't been released and so on.

2. Leaked scans that contain possible song lyrics. Real or fake, those are considered an unofficial leak and are not allowed here.

3. Links to any and all sites that have downloads for songs. I think the main page with the rules states it best:
Maidenfans.com will under no circumstances tolerate the sharing of official and/or copyrighted material on our forums. This includes but is not limited to the posting of MP3's, torrents or links to places where copyrighted material can be downloaded. We also ask members not to discuss WHERE they downloaded material such as this from.

4. And again, PLEASE try to keep the discussion here related to that type of stuff and not bring it off topic. That's not an official rule, but it would be nice to keep this thread on topic and stick to specific details that come out about the album.

Well, we don't know a whole lot about the album yet, but there are a few things:

Bruce plays piano on Empire Of The Clouds
Source: The current edition of Metal Hammer. The scans can be found here: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads...-pre-release-thread.31236/page-43#post-519558

From this interview with Janick: http://www.glidemagazine.com/145126/iron-maidens-janick-gers-talks-new-album-tour-plans-interview/
Janick says this:
With “The Book of Souls” I brought the music in for that and Steve had some great vocal ideas thematically, and we got together and rearranged it. He had some more choruses he wanted to put in here and there, and he might bring a few different melodies in that he wants to put on it, and then we put the song out.
The interviewer says this:
There’s an acoustic intro on “Book Of Souls”, a song you wrote with Steve Harris.

Last edited:
1. The title track also has a chorus. (I don't know how specific we want to get, but that is a true fact, and a potentially interesting one considering Gers' other epics.)

2. Would it be helpful to have all of the links to interviews and reviews in the first post as well? Would be more work, but all the links after the list of what we know could be helpful. Just a thought.

Also, good call, I went back and put spoiler tags in my posts in the other thread.

Somewhere came out this:

Nothing to see here.

99% fake, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
On the off chance that it is real, this has been deleted.

There's a difference between spoilers and leaks. Spoilers are OK if sufficiently marked, but we have a strict, 100% no-leak policy here. Please be advised that there will be no further warning about this and any leaked material will be deleted on sight. Repeated offenders will be banned.

Is there a prospect of when a board for The Book of Souls will be created, with separate songs having their own topics ? Some TFF-song topics are 2 months older than the release of the album, but may have landed later on that forum (hard to see if they were moved to The Final Frontier board, or created on it, originally).

Bruce plays piano on Empire Of The Clouds
You might want to quote the source for this in you opening post, Travis.

You might also want to re-title this to make it clear that this is still a pre-release thread. Perun's name for the current thread is "New Album "The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread". Something in this format, with similar wording, might be tidier.

You might also want to re-title this to make it clear that this is still a pre-release thread. Perun's name for the current thread is "New Album "The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread". Something in this format, with similar wording, might be tidier.

Hi Cried, the important thing is that the title has SPOILERS clearly marked in it. Travis has opened this for those who want to post titbits about the new album without needing to use spoiler tags, (but no leaks of lyrics or audio). If needs be, the title can be changed for clarity later, once the album has actually been released.

You might want to quote the source for this in you opening post, Travis.

I can help you there, it's mentioned in the current edition of Metal Hammer.

Spoilers are OK if sufficiently marked, but we have a strict, 100% no-leak policy here.
The difference between leaks and spoilers are as follows:
A spoiler is a piece of information officially released by a member of the band or someone close to the band (like Rod) that some people may not wish to see because they want the album to be a blank, empty slate going in.

A leak is a piece of information that reveals official, copyrighted material - including, but not limited to, artwork, album photos, lyrics, and the songs themselves - that has not been previously released by the band or someone close to the band or another official channel.

No need for a thread like this IMO. If someone (and I haven't seen anyone say this yet) doesn't want to read about the next album then don't go into the official BOS pre-release thread. Simple as. This thread just adds confusion. If anything this thread should have been a spoiler FREE thread where those people (whom I haven't seen yet) could go and talk about BOS and their expectations without any actual news about the album being discussed

For the rest of us now we just have two threads to check....

I thought the mention in Metal Hammer was to the effect of he was working on it on the piano. That's not the same thing as actually having piano on the final song.

Yeah, we're having the same conversation in two different threads now
dash2.gif

People asked us about something like this for the last tour thread, and we're just trying this policy out for the new album too to see how it goes. If you don't like it, ignore it.

I hope people will ignore it yes so we can keep discussion in one place....

if this thread works as an overview/timeline about album news that's better. But for discussions we already have one thread or is it not OK to talk about specific album details in the other thread now? :facepalm:

Last edited:
Could you scan that page by any chance?

I'd like to remind all forum members that answering a question like this in any form is against the rules. Leave these to the moderators, please.

srfc: Please do not use our forum to acquire or distribute leaked material. If we have reason to believe that is going on, all involved parties are subject to discipline. Please do not make requests for leaked material on our forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back