Speed of Light - Official Music Video Thread

It always warms my heart to hear Dickinson hit and project tenor C (C5) so well like he does in the chorus of Speed of Light! Shadows in the Stttaaarrrrrrsssssssss!

Yeah this an awesome moment. I like this chorus a lot.

I think this is definitely in the set list come next tour..Perhaps as number 2 in the set.

Yeah this an awesome moment. I like this chorus a lot.

I think this is definitely in the set list come next tour..Perhaps as number 2 in the set.

This is one of those things where Bruce almost has no business being able to hit notes like that at his age....none of his peers can do it in full voice like he does. Not Geoff Tate, not Rob Halford, not even younger singers. And to think that he had a very large tumor in his throat at the time of this recording - simply awe inspiring. The man is truly gifted and apparently puts on a show like this throughout the entire album. Here's hoping that his voice is well rested and ready to pick right back up where it left off before his treatment began.

For me, El Dorado really came together live, and to this day the studio version does nothing for me. Speed of Light will surely be played live, and seeing how I think the song is a fair bit better than El Dorado, I can't wait!

After repeated listens I believe that the main issue with the song is the vocals. Bruce sounds amazing on half the song and kind of - making up the vocal lines as I go - on the other half. I quite like the structure, the energy level. Quite a solid track. Don't know how it'll last but for the time being it is a breath of fresh air for me.

Whatever the opinions I do think the production is as discussed by the group in interviews. It feels ‘live’ with just a few little effects tweaks here and there .
:edmetal:

Whatever the opinions I do think the production is as discussed by the group in interviews. It feels ‘live’ with just a few little effects tweaks here and there .
:edmetal:

I definitely agree, its got the raw sort of sound of the last two albums but the touch of reverb on the chorus vocals works wonders.

I'm curious, this is a message to my fellow Maiden lovers who have been disappointed by The Speed of Light. Has disliking the song made your anticipation for The Book of Souls drop sharply, or are you still looking forward to the album? :hello:

Their best single since "wasted years" . Dickinson sounds amazing and the production is , finally, really good . Reminds me a bit of "the magician" from AOB . Really energetic , will be great live .

Solos need planning and time to perfect. As talented as these guys are i doubt just one or two jams could generate great solo ideas. The Adrian solo first half is Paschendale solo and Dave's solo sounds like he just jammed over the rythm track for the first time.
I'm curious, this is a message to my fellow Maiden lovers who have been disappointed by The Speed of Light. Has disliking the song made your anticipation for The Book of Souls drop sharply, or are you still looking forward to the album? :hello:
The anticipation is based on the epics. We couldnt have judged AMOLAD by listening to Different World neither can we do so here. As far as the single goes its better than El Dorado and on par with Wildest Dreams

Solos need planning and time to perfect. As talented as these guys are i doubt just one or two jams could generate great solo ideas. The Adrian solo first half is Paschendale solo and Dave's solo sounds like he just jammed over the rythm track for the first time.

The anticipation is based on the epics. We couldnt have judged AMOLAD by listening to Different World neither can we do so here. As far as the single goes its better than El Dorado and on par with Wildest Dreams

Thank you

The song is growing. This is one of the best singles in a long time. I like it a lot better then El Dorado, and Different world. Bruce's scream in the beginning sounds awesome.
I really like the video. I'm big fan of video games, so this is right up my alley.

Well done!

Back