Songs that could have been hits with a better chorus

Bad lyrics, bad Di’Anno, bad guitar, bad production.

Of course if it was the only Maiden song I would switch “bad” to “good”, but they have about 180 better songs, and that includes non album stuff.

I don’t hate it, I enjoy listening to it, but when compared to the rest of the band’s discography, there are far, far better songs.

We have some crazy people on this forum, Magnus. You don’t disbelieve it, no matter what your friends might say.

Would make a great t-shirt, wouldn't it.
I remember being with all my closest friends 15 or so years ago and asking aloud, kinda soul cry you know, "why oh why are all my friends complete idiots", and their prompt response, "would we be your friends otherwise, dickhead".

Why did we need to have two pages clogged up by this ridiculous nonsense? It's just opinions, guys, get over yourselves. Or are you intentionally taking the piss?

Anyway, back on topic, I'm listening to AMOLAD tonight. Will see if "The Longest Day" is really the best example of this kind of thing.

...personally, I think The Longest Day's chorus really just kills the song's pacing and it's just a general bore of a chorus. And the fact that it's repeated twice only makes it even more difficult to enjoy.

I’d get over it if you could actually explain in clear terms why you dislike. Not just “this sucks” but actually a well-written statement.

@Jer and I disagree with each other about the Blaze era too, but I respect him because he can actually make an argument.

Your negativity is seemingly for no reason other than “this sucks”. So no, I won’t “get over it” until you actually make an argument as to why “Como Estais Amigos”, one of Maiden’s absolute masterpieces, is actually shit.
Hey, Diesel. I made myself listen to Como Estais Amigos from start to finish, something I've never done (I never made it past the first minute or so). VXI is my least fav Maiden album and you may remember I am not a Blaze fan. I can honestly say I like the instrumental part and solos - I understand now why some fans really like it.

I wouldn't say hits, but Invaders and Back In The Village could have been much better songs with different chorus !

To me, Invaders sounds like it was a leftover from the Killers album - it has the same kind of vibe.

Last edited:
Invaders and Back In The Village could have been much better songs with different chorus !
No they couldn’t. :p “Invaders” isn’t one of Maiden’s best but it’s a fun little song and the chorus fits that.

“Back In The Village”, like everything on Powerslave, is absolutely perfect. :ok:

No they couldn’t. :p “Invaders” isn’t one of Maiden’s best but it’s a fun little song and the chorus fits that.

“Back In The Village”, like everything on Powerslave, is absolutely perfect. :ok:

I like songs with fast tempo and both are in that category... :ok:

Choruses have been a problem for Maiden for around 25 years now. I think that most of their recent songs need to have half as mmuch chorus repetitions to say the least. As for the worst chorus ever....as this thread goes down to this has to be either Rainmaker or Different world. Now that I come to think more about it I could easily add 15 more songs with no effort at all.

...has to be either Rainmaker or Different World.

I kind of agree... but only because I don't really consider them choruses so much. Very odd structures. I do like Rainmaker a lot though. Different World I like as a part of the whole album, but I don't really like it on it's own, if that makes any sense.

“Rainmaker” and “Different World” both follow a pattern I didn’t care for at first, but I’ve come to enjoy them both. “Different World” is one of my favorite Maiden songs now.

Back