Song vs Song

Journeyman, mainly cuz I prefer Maiden to Zeppelin and I've been on a DoD kick lately.

The Man Who Would Be King (Maiden) VS The Man Who Would Be King (Dio)

TMWWBK by DIO. Again, the iron maiden version chorus is draggy. one of the few forgettable songs on TFF

King in Crimson or Trumpets of Jericho. (dickinson for both)

"Trumpets..." for me. I love the chorus, and the Scream for Me Brazil live version is immense (the siren going off, and the crowd going insane, and... I get goosebumps every time).

"Chemical Wedding" vs. "Still Life"

hmmm. i tend to go against the grain and say that Chemical Wedding is one of my least favorite bruce solo albums. i never could get into really any songs on that album

and piece of mind is my 2nd favorite maiden album so...... still life it is.

Fade to Black vs Ride the Lightning (song)

Ride the Lightning. One of the few Metallica songs I really like; FTB is extremely overrated IMO.

Holy Diver VS Iron Man

Stars are Burning

What Will Come is beautiful, but it feels like it's missing something to make it truly great. Stars has a great chorus (as does most songs on the recent Blaze albums).

The Bard's Song (In the Forest) vs. Skalds and Shadows (both Blind Guardian)

twilight of the gods for sure.

metallica's new album is lacking. again Lars trying too hard to make us think he is a good drummer.
only good songs on that album are the title track, moth into flame and spit out the bone

communion vs blood lust (bruce samson)

Communion (I find "Blood Lust" a bit boring, especially the passage with the effects on the voice)

Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull by Helloween) vs Cross-Eyed Mary (Jethro Tull by Iron Maiden)

“Cross-Eyed Mary”, which is one of my favorite covers ever.

“Hallowed Be Thy Name” vs. “Master of Puppets”

Both are in the same boat for me, but I think Stand Up and Shout just edges over SFV.

Jerusalem (Typical Hymn) VS Jerusalem (Bruce Dickinson)

Back