Song vs Song

Children of the Damned. Amazing vocals, creepy song all-told. Maiden classic.

Total Eclipse VS Public Enema Number One

Moonchild. CSIT is a song I loved once but has dropped to become my least favorite off the album. The only one I actually do have an issue with Bruce's vocals. Not that I dislike it entirely, but Moonchild is the best way to open an album. Ever. As a song it's not their overall best, but it's still one of them.

Back In The Village VS Flash of the Blade

"Flash of the Blade", but it's a very tough choice. Both are so good and strong, it's not even fair.

"The Duellists" vs. "The Prophecy"

"The Trooper". I find "Run to the Hills" to be very overrated.

"Only the Good Die Young" vs. "Fear of the Dark"

Only the Good Die Young, any time. Tight song with diverse musical ideas, good lyrics, great ending to a great album.
Fear of the Dark is a good one too, probably their last coherent song and also a good ending (to a poor album).
Phantom of the Opera vs. Powerslave

Powerslave. Epic song, epic solo, epic Maiden, very metal. Phantom is good early stuff, but Powerslave is a gem.

Burning Ambition VS Empire of the Clouds

"Empire of the Clouds", by far. "Burning Ambition" is good, but among my least favorite Maiden songs

"From Here To Eternity" vs. "Childhood's End"

Ooh, tough. Childhood's End was a favorite of mine but has slipped recently, and From Here To Eternity is a bit weak but an all-enjoyable tune. I'm going with FHTE.

The Book of Souls VS The Book of Thel

Very tough! I'm not quite sure, but I think I have to go with Dickinson on this one. "Book of Thel".

Let's throw a little Zeppelin in here:

"Stairway To Heaven" vs. "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"

Stairway's a great song, but let's be serious. If Kashmir was up against Rime it'd be a little more even, but not by much. I love Kashmir and I love Stairway, but I really love Rime.

Orion VS Transylvania

I'll go with "Master of Puppets" for being a more complex and elaborated song, but I love both.

"Dyers Eve" vs. "Angel of Death"

Assuming you're talking about Slayer, Angel of Death. I tried listening to Dyers Eve once and could not give two hoots about it.

Devils Island (Megadeth) VS Piece By Piece (Slayer)

I love "Dyers Eve". One of my favorites from Metallica actually!

Anyway, "Piece by Piece". I think. Not quite sure on this one.

"Kashmir" vs. "Paschendale"

This is too tough for me to decide. Kashmir is one of Zep's best songs, but then Paschendale is classic Maiden... I'll let the next poster decide, I guess.

Kashmir VS Paschendale

Back