Song vs Song

Uhh . . . fuck. I suppose I'll maybe go with Passchendaele (?) on the basis that it has more musical variation
(Please don't shoot me!)

Be Quick or Be Dead vs You Could Be Mine (G'n'R)

Oh, Be Quick or Be Dead all the way.

Welcome To The Jungle (GNR) VS Accident of Birth (Bruce Dickinson)

Sanctuary's fairly low on my list of Maiden songs so I'll go with Rock and Roll.

No Quarter (LZ) VS Prodigal Son (IM)

Where Eagles Dare, though TFH is one Metallica's better songs.

All In Your Mind VS Kill Me Ce Soir

"Kill Me Ce Soir". It's one of my favorites of Maiden's covers.

"Rainbow's Gold" vs. "Cross-Eyed Mary" (both Maiden's)

I've Got The Fire. I've already explained why I dislike CB in the non album songs list.

Women In Uniform VS Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

"Sea of Madness". I already like Iron Maiden songs more than anything else, let alone a great Iron Maiden song. :D

"Tailgunner" vs. "Public Enema Number One"

Tailgunner. Best song on the album and in my Top 40 overall.

King In Crimson (Bruce) VS The Man Who Would Be King (IM)

"King In Crimson". I'm not very fond of "The Man Who Would Be King" (it's a good track, but gets dragged down by the other great tracks on the album).

"Man of Sorrows" (Bruce Dickinson) vs. "The Man of Sorrows" (Iron Maiden)

Bruce's song, definitely. I like the Maiden one, but most of the other TBOS tracks are better. The only thing I'd change to Bruce's song is adding in an extra verse before the first chorus to make the impact better. But that's a minor thing; both are emotional but Maiden has better emotional songs... just look at Empire. So Bruce.

Wicker Man (Bruce) VS The Wicker Man (IM)

"The Wicker Man", any day. I find "Wicker Man" to be actually kinda boring. "The Wicker Man" is... well, "The Wicker Man".

"Freak" vs. "Starchildren"

"The Apparition". I love both, but the repetitiveness of the latter drags it down a bit.

"Tears of the Dragon" vs. "Revelations"

Tears of the Dragon, simply because it's one of the best of Bruce's solo career, whereas Revelations, while it grows more on me day after day, is not one of the highlights of Maiden's career.

MacArthur Park VS The Apparition

"The Apparition" by a mile. "MacArthur Park" never really grasped my attention.

"Stairway To Heaven" vs. "Journeyman"

Back