So, what did you think about Death on the Road?

I think, according to the triple DVD, that the adding of two DVDs with the same show on it, but in 2 different sounds versions, is totally useless. The good thing would have been to bring only one DVD but with 2 sound options : one 5.1 and one Stereo...

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think, according to the triple DVD, that the adding of two DVDs with the same show on it, but in 2 different sounds versions, is totally useless. The good thing would have been to bring only one DVD but with 2 sound options : one 5.1 and one Stereo...[/quote]

But as explained by Steve, this would then lose some of the picture quality due to the information required to accomodate two different sounds. And as DOTR was a largely visual experience (e.g. DOD, Paschendale) it would mean the fans would lose out on picture quality.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]By having two seperate discs I was happy in knowing that neither picture nor sound quality would be compromised in any way. We are aware that many fans don't yet have access to 5.1 sound and still use stereo but if you put both sound beds on one disc with the concert a fair amount of visual quality can be lost due to the massive amount of information that needs storing. As this was quite a dark and theatrical show we refused to allow this to happen![/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-eddies_ead+Nov 30 2005, 09:20 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(eddies_ead @ Nov 30 2005, 09:20 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But as explained by Steve, this would then lose some of the picture quality due to the information required to accomodate two different sounds. And as DOTR was a largely visual experience (e.g. DOD, Paschendale) it would mean the fans would lose out on picture quality.
[snapback]124357[/snapback]​
[/quote]

you mean, there is only stereo? or only 5.1?

the 3 discs contain both the stereo and 5.1:-

disc 1 = either stereo or 5.1
disc 2 = the other sound not on disc 1
disc 3 = extras

at least i think that's what's happening

Back