Slayer

When I think about Slayer I always think about aggression, speed and brutality even though nowdays standards. One may claim there are a zillion bands that are (suposedly) more brutal. I digress regarding one single record: Reign In Blood is still one of the most brutal and influential records ever and way ahead of its time . South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss are also superb and Hell Awaits and Christ Illusion are excelent. Besides that their latest releases tend to be quite boring, lackluster and repetitive (2000's onward with the exception of CI) .

Last edited:
I don't think Araya will want to come back, but I wouldn't be $urpri$ed.
Nah, if he ever returns to stage it will be special occasion or some one-of thing. I doubt he'll call it quits only to go on another tour (like KISS are doing currently).
I remember an interview circa 2010 when Big 4 shows were happening and it was pretty obvious that he wanted to stop touring even then.
Kerry King on the other hand... I think it will be interesting to watch all the different ways of milking the Slayer cow.

When I think about Slayer I always think about aggression, speed and brutality even though nowdays one may claim there are a zillion bands that are (suposedly) more brutal. I still consider Reign In Blood to be one of the most influential records ever and way ahead of its time (mainly regarding brutality). Besides that South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss are also superb. Hell Awaits and Christ Illusion are also excelent. Besides that their latest releases tend to be quite boring, lackluster and repetitive (2000's onward with the exception of CI) .

My favorite Slayer album is their debut Show No Mercy. I like it from beginning to end. You can hear the Maiden and Priest influences throughout the album.

Gary Holt is going to miss the rest of Slayer's European shows this month as his father is dying. Phil Demmel of Machine Head will fill in.

SOH and SITA are tied for my 2 favorite albums.

Also, I finally got a good quality audio bootleg from the SOH tour. They perform almost the entire fucking album!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=619121
south of heaven
reining blood
silent scream
read between the lies
black magic
post mortem
necrophiliac
behind the crooked cross
kill again
manditory suicide
chemical warfare
ghost of war
spill the blood
live undead
angel of death

slayersummer2019tourposter.jpg

May 02 - Ak-Chin Amphitheatre, Phoenix, AZ
May 03 - Isleta Amphitheatre, Albuquerque, NM
May 05 - UTEP/Don Haskins Center, El Paso, TX
May 07 - Bert Ogden Arena, Edinburg, TX
May 08 - The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, Dallas, TX
May 10 - MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL
May 11 - Coral Sky Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, Florida
May 13 - Big Sandy Superstore Arena, Huntington, WV
May 14 - Merriweasther Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
May 16 - Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center, Noblesville, IN
May 17 - Providence Medical Center Amphitheatre, Bonner Springs, KS
May 19 - DTE Energy Music Center, Clarkston, MI
May 20 - Covel Centre, Youngstown, OH
May 22 - Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON CANADA
May 24 - BB&T Pavilion, Camden, NJ
May 25 - Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

And on it rolls...

What a bill! I'm a bit surprised LoG is above Amon Amarth, but I'd really like to see such a gig. I will have to go the Hellfest again to see Slayer one last time.

I really thought AA were more popular than LoG. This said, I can't stand LoG's singer, this may be the explanation for may mistake.

Back