Slayer

Why do you think that Slayer/Lamb of God/Machine Head fans are stupid, or dumber than other metal fans?
I know some Maiden fans from real life who are basically dumber than Microsoft Windows.
It's just the impression that some fans of that sort of Metal give me. It tends to be that sort of Metal more than others, but I'm sure there are morons at every concert.

Now, I was never under impression that trash metal shows have stupidest attendees. Actually, the only few people I know that are listening to thrash (especially Slayer, Lamb of God and Machine Head) are quite bright and friendly chaps, not living Blue Screens (excellent comparison BTW). Actually, I wasn't into Slayer much until I heard them live for the first time. It was after the festival on which they were headliners one day that I got into researching their catalog a little bit, and I believe atmosphere at the gigs certainly helped that.

But alas, I see what you're aiming at, if this is how you picture 'em:

On this note, I know that Maiden fans are generally considered snobbish.

The worst crowds I’ve experienced here are at indie/pop concerts. Rude, inconsiderate, and snobby. Metal crowds are usually friendly, although bigger shows tend to attract more of the stereotypical stupid Metal fans.

Thrash wannabe fans at big festivals, or at gigs where their preferred band isn't headlining, so they have to make a big scene, start a few fights and generally prove how manly they are in a very short space of time. Probably not the only thing that's short.

Screamy fangirls in heels are the worst fans IMO. They get extremely annoyed about crowds pushing around, extremely annoyed about not having a perfect view of whichever guy they came to scream at, and extremely bitchy to other women.

Napalm Death joins Slayer on their farewell tour. This is getting interesting. I hope the package hits Europe too.
28424607_10156022668725390_8663783945590179336_o.jpg

I would rather not go than have to stand through such a long show. I don't like Lamb of God or Napalm Death and also don't really care about Anthrax. But I like Testament and Slayer. But I'd have to wait for hours between their sets.

It's only Testament and Slayer I'm interested out of the 5. The rest got some good songs and all...however the whole thing could be tiresome and monotone since all 5 bands are mostly fast and aggressive without much nuance to them.

Testament and Anthrax for me. If that tour comes to Europe I don't think I'd go.
I would rather not go than have to stand through such a long show. I don't like Lamb of God or Napalm Death and also don't really care about Anthrax. But I like Testament and Slayer. But I'd have to wait for hours between their sets.
This is what beer is for.

Napalm Death joins Slayer on their farewell tour. This is getting interesting. I hope the package hits Europe too.
28424607_10156022668725390_8663783945590179336_o.jpg
I'm not sure that lineup will tour Europe, considering Testament are doing their own European tour next month.

I'd love to see Onslaught and Kreator tour with Slayer.

I'd love to see such a line-up in Europe. I like Lamb of God's music; too bad the singer is terrible, both vocally and as frontman. I'm really anxious I will be able to see Slayer on their last tour. I'm so sad they quit.

Back