Slayer

That whole package will never come to Serbia, so I probably won't see them live again. Oh well. They should've broken up after Jeff died.

Yeah, but I don't care enough to travel to see them :p Shit last album, no Lombardo, no Jeff and Araya can't wait to retire and go back to his ranch.

Complete disagree. I have seen Slayer nine times and only once were they mediocre (Divine Intervention tour; even though i love the cd). The best shows were Clash of the Titans (see disc 1 of Decade of Aggression for that amazing set) and 2016 when Death Angel and Anthrax opened for them. They played a long set where they would play about 4 songs in a row without stopping.. at the speed they play! Brutal it was.

Also enjoyed the Mayhem festival 2015 when King Diamond opened. That was my first time to see Gary in place of Jeff and he BROUGHT IT. Loved when they played Chemical Warfare straight into Ghost of War!

Complete disagree. I have seen Slayer nine times and only once were they mediocre (Divine Intervention tour; even though i love the cd). The best shows were Clash of the Titans (see disc 1 of Decade of Aggression for that amazing set) and 2016 when Death Angel and Anthrax opened for them. They played a long set where they would play about 4 songs in a row without stopping.. at the speed they play! Brutal it was.

Also enjoyed the Mayhem festival 2015 when King Diamond opened. That was my first time to see Gary in place of Jeff and he BROUGHT IT. Loved when they played Chemical Warfare straight into Ghost of War!
*rubs eyes*

Ghosts of War?? Ghosts of War? My favourite!

When Ghost of War was a new release, Slayer said in an interview it is the sequel to Chemical Warfare (hence why occasionally they play one straight into the other)

And yes my favorite as well

Full European tour announced: https://www.loudersound.com/news/slayer-announce-final-uk-and-european-tour-dates

Nov 01: Dublin 3 Arena, Ireland
Nov 03: London SSE Arena Wembley, UK
Nov 05: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, UK
Nov 07: Birmingham Arena, UK
Nov 09: Manchester Arena, UK
Nov 10: Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, UK
Nov 12: Glasgow SSE Hydro, UK
Nov 14: Dortmund Westfalenhalle, Germany
Nov 15: Zwolle Ijsselhallen, Netherlands
Nov 17: Madrid Vistalegre, Spain
Nov 18: Barcelona St Jordi, Spain
Nov 20: Milan Mediolanum Forum, Italy
Nov 21: Zurich Halle 622, Switzerland
Nov 23: Vienna Stadthalle, Austria
Nov 24: Freiburg Sick Arena, Germany
Nov 26: Hamburg Barclaycard Arena, Germany
Nov 27: Lodz Atlas Arena, Poland
Nov 27: Munich Olympiahalle, Germany
Nov 30: Erfurt Messehalle, Germany
Dec 02: Berlin Mercedes-Benz Arena, Germany
Dec 03: Copenhagen Royal Arena, Denmark
Dec 05: Stockholm Hovet, Sweden
Dec 06: Oslo Spektrum, Norway
Dec 08: Helsinki Ice Hall, Finland

A very ambitious set of dates there! I can't imagine them getting close to selling out the venues in Dublin, Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester.

Nothing in Eastern Europe at all, so it's not really a European tour. Like when bands do a UK tour with only shows in London and Manchester. Sad!

Last edited:
This is the tour i saw (but a different date)

Yeah caught them play those two back to back a few years ago.

I'm ashamed to say I'd been listening to Slayer for probably 15 years before I coped on the outro of Chemical Warfare was the intro to Ghost of War

Last edited:
No french date! I've not lost all hopes, but I'm gutted. The official site says there are more dates to come. I can't imagine them hanging their boots without coming one last time in France. I mean, they've played several Hellfest, and they always got a great reception in France.

Saw the tour last night. Surprised (& disappointed) by the fact that Testament was the first band on, THEN Behemoth, Anthrax, Lamb of God, & Slayer. Thought Behemoth would open, then Testament since Testament are the more widely known band.

Walked in during Testament's 1st song. They did sneak an unexpected deep cut in! I thought something was different about Chuck's vocals that made it harder to make out the lyrics than normal. Maybe just the typical opening band bad sound quality; not sure.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/test...tre-at-sugar-land-sugar-land-tx-5beaf31c.html

Behemoth i am not a fan of so we walked around during their set.

I posted my Anthrax review on their thread.

Slayer was amazing! Visuals, pyro, and performance were perfect. Setlist has not changed; which is a good thing because it covers almost every lp (only one is skipped
Diabolus in Musica

Walked in during Testament's 1st song. They did sneak an unexpected deep cut in! I thought something was different about Chuck's vocals that made it harder to make out the lyrics than normal. Maybe just the typical opening band bad sound quality; not sure.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/test...tre-at-sugar-land-sugar-land-tx-5beaf31c.html
Which one are you saying is a deep cut? My perception is a bit warped as I'm a big fan of Testament and have seen them a lot.

Which one are you saying is a deep cut? My perception is a bit warped as I'm a big fan of Testament and have seen them a lot.
Dog Faced Gods. This was my 12th Testament show but the 1st time i have seen that song played live

Back