Short-answer questions

I also might add, that it's not a million miles different from the 2003 version that was the a-side of the single:lol:

Yeah unfortunately, as was the Different World one. Lossless downloads wasn't really a thing back in those days.
Oh yeah I'm aware but since I saw activex on archive I expected something drm protected or a wmp format. It's very cool that you have the track could you,perhaps, send it?

Sorry, it probably was WMA

Yeah no problem sending it, just pm me your email address, will probably be this evening though

Was ''No Prayer For The Dying'' really rehearsed for the 2014 leg of ME tour? (probably in ATSS place, as a song from the 90's in the set)

Yes, I heard something like they rehearsed Infinite dreams but they decided to try Afraid to shoot strangers instead of. Perhaps they also tried No prayer for the dying I don't know. Anyway both Afraid to shoot strangers and No Prayer for the Dying were songs from 90's like Fear of the Dark (that they also played it in Somewhere back in Tour) and didn't fit in that tour IMHO. They could also choose another one like Die with your boots on or Still Life that they played in the original tour in 88 or Stranger in a Strange Land for the Somewhere back in Time...

Yes, I heard something like they rehearsed Infinite dreams but they decided to try Afraid to shoot strangers instead of.
''Infinite Dreams'' for sure was rehearsed for the ME tour. I remember it had a picture of the setlist and ''Infinite Dreams'' was in the encore... although I can't remember with which song was replaced and if it was dropped at the last minute.

I think it's not a right song for the encore IMHO. I think it was dropped for Afraid to Shoot Strangers. As I said I think they had to dropped Fear of the Dark (a 90's song) for Infinite Dreams or another one that they played in the Seventh Tour. I know Fear of the Dark is the song that the fans sing along and everybody want to hear but it didn't fit in those tours.

I think it's not a right song for the encore IMHO.
Yeah, it's a difficult song, especially for the encore.

''Aces High'' is also not right for an encore (during ME tour) because of the same reason. Even Bruce had said that it is a difficult song to sing. I think this song works the best as an opener.

Hasn't this already been debunked? As far as I'm aware, there's zero evidence of NPFTD ever being rehearsed for any tour by the band during the reunion era. Infinite Dreams appeared in rehearsal setlists and in the lighting rig cue list but NPFTD has only ever existed in some vague "I heard that a friend of mine heard that" rumors that are, as far as I can tell, entirely unsubstantiated.

ID wasn't in the encores either, it was at the end of the lighting cue list probably because it had been dropped along with Hallowed which I believe was also at the end of the list. ATSS took its spot in the set.

Totally agree,
Another difficult song which is not right to be near the end in a setlist is ''The Talisman'' - actually, originally the song should have been at the end of the setilist (right before FOTD and IM) for TFF tour (2011 leg), but it was moved to the fourth position in the setlist (which was the right decision).

They also changed RTTH with ''Running Free'' as the last encore for that same tour.

Another difficult song which is not right to be near the end in a setlist is ''The Talisman'' - actually, originally the song should have been at the end of the setilist (right before FOTD and IM) for TFF tour (2011 leg), but it was moved to the fourth position in the setlist (which was the right decision).

They also changed RTTH with ''Running Free'' as the last encore for that same tour.
I think "The Talisman" was moved to the early part of the set because it was too demanding for Bruce to sing it that late in the show.

I think "The Talisman" was moved to the early part of the set because it was too demanding for Bruce to sing it that late in the show.
It was actually pretty demanding for him even in the early part of the set, because if you watch for example the En Vivo clip, he is just standing in front of the mic and singing; no jumping around, running or even walking on the stage. It is such a difficult song, and Bruce managed to execute it perfectly. Nowadays though I doubt he would be able to make it without straining his voice a lot.

Yeah, though (unlike RTTH, which was never played on TFF tour) The Talisman was actually played on it's "original" position after When The Wild Wind Blows in a couple of first shows, before being moved to the earlier spot. Blood Brothers and The Wicker Man (if I remember correctly) also switched places a couple of times or something

I consider Run to the Hills like the best Maiden song to finish the show.
RTTH, HBTN and Running Free/Sanctuary for me. Wasted Years too.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind.
It was actually pretty demanding for him even in the early part of the set, because if you watch for example the En Vivo clip, he is just standing in front of the mic and singing; no jumping around, running or even walking on the stage. It is such a difficult song, and Bruce managed to execute it perfectly.
Yes. ''The Talisman'' is one of the most difficult songs for Bruce to sing live. Probably it will never return to the setlist because of that, but the performance of it in En Vivo! is one of the best live performances of Bruce!
Yeah, though (unlike RTTH, which was never played on TFF tour) The Talisman was actually played on it's "original" position after When The Wild Wind Blows in a couple of first shows, before being moved to the earlier spot. Blood Brothers and The Wicker Man (if I remember correctly) also switched places a couple of times or something
RTTH was dropped probably during the rehearsals for TFF tour (it has a picture of the setlist in Behind The Beast documentary where RTTH is scratched as the last encore and it is corrected to ''Running Free''). You're right about TMW and ''Blood Brothers''. ''The Talisman'' was played on its original position in the setlist only on the opening concert for the 2011 leg in Moscow, IIRC.

The Talisman moved twice. In the first gig in Moscow it was in the last available slot in the main set, essentially - right before Fear of the Dark. For the next two gigs (in Singapore and Jakarta) it was moved up a slot so it came before TETMD, and the gig after those two is when it got bumped way up earlier in the set.

I have no clue why they didn't just move it all the way up after Moscow since it was obvious it was too much that late in the set. Maybe there was some hesitation in the band about making a pretty huge change to the flow of the set like that? Who knows. Could've also been the crew since maybe setting up Janick's acoustic right after 2MTM was considered a bit of a hassle.

Back