Share your "trying to get your other half into Maiden" stories here

Well I guess I am lucky indeed. Just hope you guys don't need to close yourselves up in some metal room or something.

The ones I don't mind are Keith Urban and Pat Green.  But some others are Miranda Lambert, Faith Hill, and Johnny Cash (Ok, Johnny maybe kinda his own gig).

Back to the topic - my girlfriend listens to mainstream stuff, but since she's an English literature major, when I mentioned ROTAM a while ago, she said "oh yeah, I remember that from college", so we watched ROTAM from Flight 666, she liked it, said it was spooky and very theatrical. Then she bought me TFF for my birthday, I kept listening to it a lot in the car, but stuck to the "easier" tunes, and she started liking TFF (not the Satellite 15 part), El Dorado and The Alchemist.

Why would I try to get my other half into Maiden? If she doesn't like them, I'm not going to convert her.

Although she does have respect for them and what they have achieved etc.

Well if you read my original post, it is to do with trying to share interests and also being able to put Maiden on the hi-fi and not have to wear headphones !

It is also easier going to concerts if you can bring your other half along without worrying about them not liking what they are about to hear/see

Albie said:
Why would I try to get my other half into Maiden? If she doesn't like them, I'm not going to convert her.

Although she does have respect for them and what they have achieved etc.

My daughter is 15 and listens to Lady Gaga and all that garbage. The other day in the car I pumped out Moonchild and she was like "Wow, this song is cool, who is this"? I told her Iron Maiden and her response was "but this actually sounds like good music". I told her, why do you think I listen to them. I gave her 7th Son to play and she is loving it, especially Infinite Dreams, so there you go, nothing is impossible.

That's great ! Nice one! Maybe I have to start working on my 3 year old now - it'll make a change hearing him sing Wrathchild instead of Twinkle Twinkle little star  :edmetal:

Vortex said:
My daughter is 15 and listens to Lady Gaga and all that garbage. The other day in the car I pumped out Moonchild and she was like "Wow, this song is cool, who is this"? I told her Iron Maiden and her response was "but this actually sounds like good music". I told her, why do you think I listen to them. I gave her 7th Son to play and she is loving it, especially Infinite Dreams, so there you go, nothing is impossible.

My wife loves maiden. When we first met I told her how much i loved them. We broke up for a little while and when we got back together she told me how she downloaded as much maiden as she could find because it reminded her of me!!! Now were married and saw them in texas together on TFF tour! Her fave off of the new album is WTWWB and we both agree when we have kids it will be their lullaby.

Just wondering, on a related topic - if your other half isn't into Maiden, who do you bring along (if anyone) to Maiden gigs? I've always found it a bit disheartening to attend concerts on my own before, but might just do this if I can't get wifey into Maiden

My last two Maiden gigs I took my daughters. They've grown up with the music and would have killed me if I had left them behind.
For the Somewhere Back In Time tour I went with an old high school friend.
We'd seen our first Maiden gig together during the World Slavery tour nearly 25 years before.
This time we took our kids to see their first Maiden show.
It was pretty special.

hmm, I would love to take my sons to a Maiden gig, but at 1 and 3 years old respectively, they are probably just a little too young...

mckindog said:
My last two Maiden gigs I took my daughters. They've grown up with the music and would have killed me if I had left them behind.
For the Somewhere Back In Time tour I went with an old high school friend.
We'd seen our first Maiden gig together during the World Slavery tour nearly 25 years before.
This time we took our kids to see their first Maiden show.
It was pretty special.

Hawkmoon said:
Just wondering, on a related topic - if your other half isn't into Maiden, who do you bring along (if anyone) to Maiden gigs? I've always found it a bit disheartening to attend concerts on my own before, but might just do this if I can't get wifey into Maiden
I'm OK going on my own, but at the last few gigs I've met up with people from here.

Hawkmoon said:
hmm, I would love to take my sons to a Maiden gig, but at 1 and 3 years old respectively, they are probably just a little too young...

you are never too young or too old to see a maiden show

Back