Share your "trying to get your other half into Maiden" stories here

I'm sure that you can meet up with some of the blokes from the forum. Someone's gotta be going to one of the UK dates when they are announced.

Yes, good idea, but I'm happy to meet up with girls too ;-)

LooseCannon said:
I'm sure that you can meet up with some of the blokes from the forum. Someone's gotta be going to one of the UK dates when they are announced.

Hawkmoon said:
Just wondering, on a related topic - if your other half isn't into Maiden, who do you bring along (if anyone) to Maiden gigs? I've always found it a bit disheartening to attend concerts on my own before, but might just do this if I can't get wifey into Maiden

I've taken my son to the last two I saw, and will take him to the next one.  My girls love the older Maiden stuff (Prisoner is their fav), but he likes all of their stuff.

I've never had trouble with my wife and Maiden, she loves them just as much as I do.  We've been together since 87, and we love all the same things.  She's a metal head, video gamer (more so than me actually) and loves to collect stuff.  I can crank out tunes all day around her, cause everything I play, she loves too.  She's the best... I'll keep her (it helps that she's a cutie also...and makes good money too :yey:)

Up The Maidens!!!
Sam :rocker:

spidey99 said:
I've never had trouble with my wife and Maiden, she loves them just as much as I do.  We've been together since 87, and we love all the same things.  She's a metal head, video gamer (more so than me actually) and loves to collect stuff.  I can crank out tunes all day around her, cause everything I play, she loves too.  She's the best... I'll keep her (it helps that she's a cutie also...and makes good money too :yey:)

Up The Maidens!!!
Sam :rocker:

:eek:

I wish i was you

Just wondering, on a related topic - if your other half isn't into Maiden, who do you bring along (if anyone) to Maiden gigs?

Well, I remember a time not that long ago and before the interent when people would leave their house and meet other people within a few mile radius of their home that shared common interests. These people were flesh and bone and not made of electrons and collectively they were called "friends" (Man, what a mockery MySpace has made of that noun). It was relatively easy to coordinate special trips with these friends; even going to Iron maiden concerts.

Sorry if this feels like a dig on you Hawkmoon; it is not. I'm just having a bad day at work and this is my Terminator/Matrix/down with machines/fuck new technology rant.  :halo:

Deano said:
These people were flesh and bone and not made of electrons and collectively they were called "friends" (Man, what a mockery MySpace has made of that noun).

You're telling me there's friends outside Myspace? You're certainly referring to Facebook, are you?  :huh:

Whew, for a moment you had me thinking I would have to go outside and communicate with people of flesh and blood.

i got my dad into maiden.
He used to almoust hate them just like a year ago, but as i kept playing their music he started to warm up for them and then he got me tickets to sonisphere (where maiden was performing) as an birthday present and i couldnt get any of my friends to go there with me coz they all listen shitty music so my dad said he can come and i thought okey at least now i dont have to worry how ill get there.
After the show he was still a bit shifty weather to like maiden or not but promised to listen their albums a bit. And now he likes to blast out piece of mind while vacuuming the house :lol: and was almoust as enthusiastic as i was (and i went fucking nuts) when we heard about them coming to Finland again next year. And he got us tickets  :rocker:

hmm. now what should i brainwash him to start listening next...? >> :lol:

Could you come over to England and work on getting my wife into Maiden now please?

Shnazzy said:
i got my dad into maiden.
He used to almoust hate them just like a year ago, but as i kept playing their music he started to warm up for them and then he got me tickets to sonisphere (where maiden was performing) as an birthday present and i couldnt get any of my friends to go there with me coz they all listen shitty music so my dad said he can come and i thought okey at least now i dont have to worry how ill get there.
After the show he was still a bit shifty weather to like maiden or not but promised to listen their albums a bit. And now he likes to blast out piece of mind while vacuuming the house :lol: and was almoust as enthusiastic as i was (and i went fucking nuts) when we heard about them coming to Finland again next year. And he got us tickets  :rocker:

hmm. now what should i brainwash him to start listening next...? >> :lol:

I've already shared my story, but here's another anecdote:  this morning my wife and I wake up to get ready for work, and the first thing she says is literally "I wish I listened to Maiden when I was younger, then I could have looked forward to all their classic albums as they were being released."  Then I said, "Well, at least you didn't have to endure the heartache of Bruce leaving."  :bigsmile:

More gloating ! Lucky you !

chaosapiant said:
I've already shared my story, but here's another anecdote:  this morning my wife and I wake up to get ready for work, and the first thing she says is literally "I wish I listened to Maiden when I was younger, then I could have looked forward to all their classic albums as they were being released."  Then I said, "Well, at least you didn't have to endure the heartache of Bruce leaving."  :bigsmile:

First post, but I've been a pretty regular visitor to the forum for the last while. I wanted to share my wife's reaction to her first Maiden show... SBIT in 2008. We were actually in a luxury box generously provided by my employer, but the 20 or so people in the box (including my boss and myself) were carrying on as if we were at the railing. As the frenzy of the evening reached a pitch, I glanced to my side and noticed my squeeze was nowhere to be seen. Upon further surveying the luxury box, I noticed her standing against the back wall, where she remained for the rest of the show. After the encores and while leaving the arena, I asked why she wasn't up front enjoying the band. My lovely wife (who, I should mention, actually likes concerts and rock n roll in general) was overwhelmed by the intensity of the audience. She said she looked up into the nosebleed seats and saw the fans going as berzerk as the kids in the front rows. Then she looked at the adjoining boxes and saw the same thing. She told me at that point, it seemed to her that 11,000 people had lost their minds... :edmetal: The intensity of the fans at a Maiden show is part of the experience of witnessing them live, but for the uninitiated must seem a little daunting... Up the Irons from an old headbanger who remembers seeing the lads when they were the opening act...

Back