Senjutsu charts position

Well marketing was really poor. Hats off to "Feast" but other than that was zero.

Metallica did great job with The Black Album/Blacklist promo. Podcast, a lot of rare stuff and unboxing with Jason. Who was that guy who unboxed Senjutsu on Maiden YT?

I dont care about charts, Maiden will sell out arena and stadiums without problem. But it is little bit sad how their managment or record company desperatley wanted to push more sales with lower price.

Nothing to do with band or their music, so we dont need to be worried about charts, they didnt even try to promote this album.

For what it is, I think Maiden did a good job for what they set out to do. Hell, the promo was even better than The Book of Souls and maybe The Final Frontier (although being on tour in North America/Europe before/during release time may have been better.)

The Belshazzar's Feast stuff and the wild goose chase it sent the fanbase into was quite well done.

Calm down man if you want to talk normal.

12 mil.on YT is not a such a big number today. In metal music it is, but overall is not very big. But here Maiden are comparing to world wide music in charts.

We all now that this Maiden marketing is joke and they are not investing money in it. That is ok for me, if you want to have numbers you need to put a big effort in it. Just like Metallica now with Black Album.

Maiden are not doing that so we cannot expect that sales and streams going through the roof.

And I belive that with this video game they are making a lot of money so they dont care really about sales and charts.
Maiden makes the vast amount of their $ on touring and merchandising. The studio albums are nothing but an excuse to make $ on tour and to get their creative juice flowing. They know there's no money in new music these days. End of story. When they tour they make tens of millions. When they put an album out, they might make a couple hundred grand in profit, max. That's the biz these days.

Maiden makes the vast amount of their $ on touring and merchandising. The studio albums are nothing but an excuse to make $ on tour and to get their creative juice flowing. They know there's no money in new music these days. End of story. When they tour they make tens of millions. When they put an album out, they might make a couple hundred grand in profit, max. That's the biz these days.
Yes, that is what I am saying.
They are not putting too much money on marketing and promoting stuff or in big production of live albums lately.

Because that costs a lot of money, they invest money in big stage production shows, tours and video game. That for sure brings more money for them.

And as I said, nothing wrong about that, they just invest their budget on other stuff.

Give me a break... If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it?

Maiden went overboard this time and you just have to compare it with the formats released for The Book of Souls. It is not that different from the loads of different versions released to get a #1 single in the quietest week of the year 30 years ago, but this time the strategy has not worked that well.

Don't get me wrong, I agree they went overboard, in particular not only with the 3 vinyls, but giving 2 of them to exclusive retailers with a jacked up price is a cunt move, especially with Amazon packaging a complete disaster. Mine was sent in a brown paper envelope and it's a mercy of god nothing was wrong with it, others weren't so lucky. Others I seen were just an address label on the albums shrink wrap:lol:

My point is that it's industry standard, for a long time, to have these multiple formats. Maiden have so far insulated us from the worst excesses but how long can it last? There might have been 3 vinyls but at least they made enough copies for everyone who wanted one, a lot of bands produce more than 3 records in different colours and make them all limited. It's only a matter of time before the individual album boxsets come out.

Looking at Drakes stats, it won't be long before there won't even be a product to buy. 4% of his fans bought the album, and then it was only a download. At least Maiden are giving us something to buy that's real and verifiable. I bought Somewhere Back in Time on flac from HD Tracks and it's not even the real album, so with downloads you've no idea what you're getting, at least I know that the colour vinyl is the album it's supposed to be.

As for the singles:

''The Writing On The Wall'' - #19 (US Mainstream Rock) / #15 (UK Rock And Metal)
''Stratego'' - someone mentioned #22

I also don't understand French charts, seems to me there's French and foreign stuff out there.
I don't think it's fair mixing foreign and domestic artists, at least for stats.

If the youth of today are basing their experience of music solely on streaming, they're still years away from knowing what good sound can actually be like
Isn't it weird that while technology has progressed so much with 4K TVs and the like, it's totally regressed when it comes to music. In my yoof a big, fancy hi-fi system was a status symbol. The bigger the speakers the better. I sometimes miss my old Aiwa hi-fi with the 3 CD changer and the built-in woofers.

Today's teenagers listen to music on tiny, single speaker Bluetooth devices. They don't even have stereo ffs. They'll never know what good quality audio sounds like.

for the record (so to speak), the album (except the studio overload artifiacts) on 96/24 hi-rez sounds incredible on my big ol' martin-logan he-man speakers and NAD preamp and amp. killer dynamics, great imaging and loads of layers you won't hear in the car. this is why hi-end audio will never die...

I‘m quite surprised how invested many of you seem to be in this topic.

I'm a nerd for this sort of stuff, I like when Maiden sticks their ugly mug into the consciousness of the mainstream.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, I won't lose any sleep over no UK number one, and it won't spoil my enjoyment of the album.

Plus they got number 1 in Germany, and 4 of my copies came from there:lol:

I'm a nerd for this sort of stuff, I like when Maiden sticks their ugly mug into the consciousness of the mainstream.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, I won't lose any sleep over no UK number one, and it won't spoil my enjoyment of the album.

Plus they got number 1 in Germany, and 4 of my copies came from there:lol:
how many copies did you get

Back