Senjutsu charts position

He has something like 50 bilion streams for all his Spotify catalogue, wouldn't surprise me

According to here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album-equivalent_unit#United_States

1250 premium streams = one sale, and 3,750 ad supported streams or videos = one sale.

So it's impossible to calculate Drake streams without knowing the breakdown between premium and ad supported but what we can say at least is Drake has streams 550k x 1250, or 687.5 million streams!

In a week. Maiden's biggest hits have probably not managed that in all time.

EDIT: since it's the US charts I presume those Drake figures are also only USA:lol:

Last edited:
I think that The Book of Souls could have charted even better in the U.S if FFDP hadn't put out their album the same week:
On the US charts this week, Five Finger Death Punch have reached No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums list, outselling Iron Maiden by nearly 40,000 units.

FFDP's new album "Got Your Six" moved a total of 114,000 units, while the new Maiden album "The Book of Souls" landed at No. 4 with 75,000 copies sold.

No other mainstream metal acts this time though? That should help a little.

I think that The Book of Souls could have charted even better in the U.S if FFDP hadn't put out their album the same week:

No other mainstream metal acts this time though? That should help a little.
Yes, even Bruce said that.

It's funny because 5FDP can barely play small arenas in the US.

So the tradition of each post-reunion album doing better than its predecessor will be over in a few hours. Extremely disappointing.
It disappoints me too. I would blame streaming, but they're definitely not doing well there too

One of the things they have completely shot themselves in the foot with is how overpriced this album is, its one of the biggest complaints and there is no doubt that is a massive reason why sales are lower than expected, poor marketing from a band wanting to really push physical sales.its only now knowing they are in a battle for a #1 spot the album was lowered to $6.66 , imagine how many copies they could have potentially sold if this was the price point during pre orders?

They reached #4 with The Book of Souls. I believe they would have done better than that had they released the album straight after the end of the LOTB 2019 tour to maximise the excitement of fans and all the mainstream press that accompanied the tour. :)
It’s possible, although there’s a pretty big divide between interest in the band’s live shows and new music. I think it’s a little bit more complicated. We’re in an awkward transition period where Maiden fans are probably more likely to buy physical music, but a lot of them are also transitioning more to digital spheres. 5-10 years ago, Maiden would probably be well positioned for number one in America since the rules on streaming were still in flux and Maiden fans may have been more likely to buy physical versions of the music compared to fans of Drake (or what have you). Now that the rules are more favorable to streaming, Maiden are at a big disadvantage when it’s easy to stream Drakes music and these pop albums are on major playlists that millions of people listen to (you’re only going to find Senjutsu on specific classic metal playlists). Not to mention it’s also displayed prominently on the front page of the streaming platforms.Meanwhile, you have Maiden fans who may be switching over to digital now, but probably don’t consume streaming at the same rate as younger pop audiences. Also someone who buys the CD once and then rips it to listen offline is less “valuable) than a teenager who only streams the album.

Also, on the physical release side, a big part of it might also be supply. On release day, I visited several big box retailers and was only able to find the Senjutsu CD at one (in limited quantity). The Drake album was available at all stores in CD and vinyl formats. The Drake album is also just easier to find and purchase. Also as a double album it is more expensive than a regular album.

One of the things they have completely shot themselves in the foot with is how overpriced this album is, its one of the biggest complaints and there is no doubt that is a massive reason why sales are lower than expected, poor marketing from a band wanting to really push physical sales.its only now knowing they are in a battle for a #1 spot the album was lowered to $6.66 , imagine how many copies they could have potentially sold if this was the price point during pre orders?
That is Warner's fault. I doubt if the band has influence on the price.

Back