Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Kevin Shirley probably did two different mixes for the pdf files.
Heh
I think they did it for other reasons. They made the downloadable low quality so that people cant reprint it unofficialy. And the view file is of greater quality but is hosted on a site with copy protection.

Why did you have to record an album with such a hurry, Harry, like you were on a time schedule?
Why did you have to have a sound likem that, like you are a garage punk band?
Why did you have to scream your lungs out and be off key in places?
Why did you have to expand the songs just to believe that you play prog rock/metal?
Why did have to record these songs feeling like they were not really rehearsed?
He Speaketh Shitteth.

The book edition is in my hands. Just stunning.

Steve thanks Novak Đoković, Pat Cash and every prominent IM band member except Clive and Paul (I guess this was done when they were nominated for RRHOF).

Also the album is dedicated to the memory of Steve Gadd, Michael Mule, Andy Matthews and Pip King.

Super impressed by the record. Cool as hell. Some random thoughts:

- Great vocal production & performance.
- Very dark & serious feeling/sounding album.
- No start/stop songs in the way The Book of Souls. Way more smooth song structures - not better or worse, just different.
- "Hell on Earth" is a perfect ending if this is the last album.

Ordered the EMP Exclusive Digipak.

I'm going to have to give the album overall a lot more time. It's not a big one for hooks and so far only three songs have really got my interest. Think I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and come back to it.

The book edition is in my hands. Just stunning.

Steve thanks Novak Đoković, Pat Cash and every prominent IM band member except Clive and Paul (I guess this was done when they were nominated for RRHOF).

Also the album is dedicated to the memory of Steve Gadd, Michael Mule, Andy Matthews and Pip King.

He does not thank Dennis, does he?

You can hardly expect a 65 year old man to keep track of all past members. Would have been a fun experiment to create a fake Wikipedia-page for a fictitious Maiden-member and suddenly find the guy thanked in the album booklet.
Dennis recorded an album though, his absence surprised me.

Arg....actually shaking with excitement. About to go home with a nasty ass takeaway, and a few beers and finally absorb myself in the new album. Been avoiding here for the sake of anticipation. And now to drown myself in a golden shower of new Maiden.

Back