Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I wouldn't worry. 6,5/10 and the reviewer liked it better than TBOS. He also said that hr doesn't find Maiden that interesting these days. Why even bother writing a review then?
Yeah this guy doesn’t get Maiden anymore. I didn’t bother reading most of as he didn’t like TWOTW or Stratego, which I love. So no reason for me to bother with anything else he has to say.

After reading so many reviews, my song hype rankings has changed.
Senjutsu and Lost in a Lost World - hype factor is sort of neutral.
Death of the Celts and The Time Machine lost some points.
Days of Future Past - wanting to hear the song hype remains the same. High.
Darkest Hour and The Parchment - hype gained a lot of points.
Hell on Earth - we all already know it will be great, so hype factor is sort of neutral on this one. :edmetal:

Hell on Earth - we all already know it will be great, so hype factor is sort of neutral on this one. :edmetal:
What's your hype level on The Pa Kre Ment?

"Shirley’s production has been an increasingly polarizing issue with Maiden’s legions of fans. Those who disapprove of his off-the-floor style will not be happy with the thick, soupy, dry tone of Senjutsu, which only makes the record more challenging to digest. For decades Shirley has been an avowed opponent of slick studio trickery – it’s admittedly a miracle that the better tracks are accentuated with keyboards – preferring to capture a band’s live sound, much like the late Martin Birch did in the 1970s and 1980s. And to his credit, the rhythm section of Harris and McBrain sounds fantastic on this album. Although the mix is in stereo, the way Shirley entwines all six musicians together on Senjutsu gives the album a mono feel, creating a gigantic wall of sound with just enough room to allow the music to breathe. It sounds great on headphones, but through large speakers, that thick morass of a mix will indeed wake the neighbors. Adjust your EQ accordingly."

I don't like this part at all. So, they produce the album more for listening through headphones (sign of the times) It means, they bear in mind 'average listener', who will listen music through phone. So why, they don't listen to average Maiden fan, who says 'please make production great again'. Adjust your EQ accordingly. Wtf, maybe I must also produce and mix the album myself. Sorry.
It's one person's opinion.

Form your own.

You can't base hype around what other people think of music. It's subjective.

Since that interview came before we knew Stratego was going to be released as the second single, he might've deliberately not mentioned it as to not spoil the surprise. I don't think three new tracks would be a crazy addition to the set, and in fact it would be perfectly in line with Maiden England's third leg also seeing three songs get replaced.
Honestly, I think we could get even more than three.

''The Parchment'' - it's relentlessly heavy, brooding, gigantic as the band plays to its more theatrical side with equal parts energy and discipline, Dickinson turning in a powerhouse vocal performance.

''Hell On Earth'' - echoed by a chiming guitar line, Dickinson's vocal hook is a sneakily memorable one, accentuated beautifully by Harris's well-timed dynamic shifts. There's a fitting sense of finality as Dickinson sings.

''Darkest Hour'' - ranks as one of their best.
''The Time Machine'' - buoyant folk vibe.

''The Parchment'' - sounds like a mix of the most bombastic moments from POM, Powerslave and SIT.

Back