Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I dont have anyone around me who listen to Maiden, not even metal music, all my friends and family are into pop music and some radio rock.
I dread driving for hours as we have to listen to Trap......

Sept. 3 to me, personally, is almost a holiday. That’s when the band wants fans around the world to gather and listen together, so to speak. So I have no problem waiting. I’m sure it’s gonna be worth it.

I must confess to the maidenfans moral police. There is one track i did not legally purchase. It is called the Pa-kre-ment. I accept my punishment under sanctimonious penal code 447
I’m still scratching my head over how he could pronounce it like that, lol.

No, I agree with you, if I don't buy an album and download it and listen to it, it's (morally if not legally) like stealing.
But what if I can't rip my own CD (because I don't have a CD drive on my computer, as most today's computers don't), and I want to listen to it in my car.
If I download it from torrent, is it stealing?
to steal something, the owner must lose it. What you are talking about in my country is called "unauthorized distribution". I can legally download any song if I am not doing it for profit and I do it for my own use, as long as I do not distribute it. I can distribute the purchased songs to my immediate family without any legal consequences. For example, I can but Senjutsu, burn it on 20 CD's and give them to my family members.

Simply put, in my country, in the situation you presented, I could legally download an album from a dropbox or rip from youtube, as long as it does not violate YT's regulations.

You can't usually torrent it, though, because almost all torrent clients also upload the file even as you're downloading it. Since you're uploading the file, you're technically distributing it without authorisation. Of course, this all assumes you're trying to obey the law.

to steal something, the owner must lose it. What you are talking about in my country is called "unauthorized distribution". I can legally download any song if I am not doing it for profit and I do it for my own use, as long as I do not distribute it. I can distribute the purchased songs to my immediate family without any legal consequences. For example, I can but Senjutsu, burn it on 20 CD's and give them to my family members.

Simply put, in my country, in the situation you presented, I could legally download an album from a dropbox or rip from youtube, as long as it does not violate YT's regulations.
OK, but the guy that put it on torrent and distributing it is clearly breaking the law. On the other hand, if I'm in a situation like that and no one distributes the album, maybe I won't be able to listen to my own copy that I bought legally :D

You can't usually torrent it, though, because almost all torrent clients also upload the file even as you're downloading it. Since you're uploading the file, you're technically distributing it without authorisation. Of course, this all assumes you're trying to obey the law.
Ok, that's a technicality, suppose I just download it from somewhere

HEY, Alexander the Great and some other deep cuts might come back to the new setlist! I don't know if this interview was shared here but It is from the Polygon interview with Bruce Dickinson

"Listen, there’s a whole world out there that goes “Oh, God, are you ever gonna’ do ‘To Tame A Land’ again?!? What about ‘Alexander the Great’?!?’” Oof, that’s another one. “His name struck fear into hearts of men/He died of fever in Babylon.”

We recently went back and listened to it and you know what we said? We said, “what the fuck is this bit? I don’t remember it!” This jazz-rock bit in the middle with guitars! I remember looking over at Adrian, and he’s looking at me going “shit, do I have to remember how to do that?!”

This is the interview: https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...writing-on-the-wall-bruce-dickinson-interview

Are you all done judging as by jumping to conclusions? If not, sorry for interrupting. If yes, please forgive us for being a little impatient, when it comes to listening new music from our favourite band after so many years.

Especially in the hard times in which we all live, this new music will give us a few, or many moments of happiness. Personally, every time I wait for their new music, I remember the kid which listened to them for the first time back in 1996, and all of a sudden every bad thing goes away.

So please, think twice before calling as thiefs or anything else.
Well said that man :applause::applause::applause:

Are you all done judging as by jumping to conclusions? If not, sorry for interrupting. If yes, please forgive us for being a little impatient, when it comes to listening new music from our favourite band after so many years.

Especially in the hard times in which we all live, this new music will give us a few, or many moments of happiness. Personally, every time I wait for their new music, I remember the kid which listened to them for the first time back in 1996, and all of a sudden every bad thing goes away.

So please, think twice before calling as thiefs or anything else.
Spot on. People need to step down from that high horse and shut up.

HEY, Alexander the Great and some other deep cuts might come back to the new setlist! I don't know if this interview was shared here but It is from the Polygon interview with Bruce Dickinson

"Listen, there’s a whole world out there that goes “Oh, God, are you ever gonna’ do ‘To Tame A Land’ again?!? What about ‘Alexander the Great’?!?’” Oof, that’s another one. “His name struck fear into hearts of men/He died of fever in Babylon.”

We recently went back and listened to it and you know what we said? We said, “what the fuck is this bit? I don’t remember it!” This jazz-rock bit in the middle with guitars! I remember looking over at Adrian, and he’s looking at me going “shit, do I have to remember how to do that?!”

This is the interview: https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...writing-on-the-wall-bruce-dickinson-interview
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Back