Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

If we show you our preorder receipts will you stop being so melodramatic?

We are impatient fans, that's all.
I want you to give me a live feed of your order being tracked in the delivery van. Updates every 5 minutes!

But seriously, I have seen tons of comments across Maiden social media of "fans" claiming they will pirate it as soon as it's online. Some will "maybe" buy the album later.

People are stupid. What else we can say. Even if I will not play the album from CD or vinyl I bought them because I know that I will enjoy them.

Talking about preorders, I changed online store on the fly and gained two days on the estimate delivery, from 9 to 7 of september. I will try to listen to the album directly from cd as soon as it arrives, maybe with the only exception of the title track from spotify in the meantime.

I don't get why "listening to leak" == stealing, more than "downloading it illegally after release"
It's not stealing. But it's like agreeing to someone using the effect of your work without paying for it. If I buy a cinema ticket, can I copy it and give it away to 100 people? If my friend has written a report, can I copy it and attach it to e.g. my work report?

How many of us will be working at Friday and waiting for listening to it until work finishes? Even if I have access to Spotify and headphones, I wouldn't want to dilute the first listening experience by contaminating it with work shit.

Sure, I was cleaning, vacuuming and the dishes the first time I listened to The Book of Souls - but at least it was leisure and not work.

How many of us will be working at Friday and waiting for listening to it until work finishes? Even if I have access to Spotify and headphones, I wouldn't want to dilute the first listening experience by contaminating it with work shit.

Sure, I was cleaning, vacuuming and the dishes the first time I listened to The Book of Souls - but at least it was leisure and not work.
I live in a busy house, so there's a good chance I don't actually listen to it until everyone else has gone to bed.

It's not stealing. But it's like agreeing to someone using the effect of your work without paying for it. If I buy a cinema ticket, can I copy it and give it away to 100 people? If my friend has written a report, can I copy it and attach it to e.g. my work report?
Ok, what exactly are we buying here? A physical CD (or whatever) medium? What if I buy a CD and want to listen to it in my car, but today's cars don't have CD players so I rip it and put it on my phone, is it stealing?

• Haha
Reactions: Gk1
Ok, what exactly are we buying here? A physical CD (or whatever) medium? What if I buy a CD and want to listen to it in my car, but today's cars don't have CD players so I rip it and put it on my phone, is it stealing?
Depends on the law in your country. For me, the fee for the album includes the license fee for listening to these songs. At the same time, I am prohibited by law from distributing this songs. Ie. when buying an album, I can download it from e.g. Google Drive but not from Torrent.

For me piracy is not stealing, it's just using someone work without permission - same like going to the cinema without ticket.

I dont have anyone around me who listen to Maiden, not even metal music, all my friends and family are into pop music and some radio rock.

Don't worry. They'll tell you that they're "planning on buying the album, just as soon as they've heard it."

So it's ok I guess...
Are you all done judging us by jumping to conclusions? If not, sorry for interrupting. If yes, please forgive us for being a little impatient, when it comes to listening new music from our favourite band after so many years.

Especially in the hard times in which we all live, this new music will give us a few, or many moments of happiness. Personally, every time I wait for their new music, I remember the kid which listened to them for the first time back in 1996, and all of a sudden every bad thing goes away.

So please, think twice before calling as thiefs or anything else.

Last edited:
Are you all done judging as by jumping to conclusions? If not, sorry for interrupting. If yes, please forgive us for being a little impatient, when it comes to listening new music from our favourite band after so many years.

Especially in the hard times in which we all live, this new music will give us a few, or many moments of happiness. Personally, every time I wait for their new music, I remember the kid which listened to them for the first time back in 1996, and all of a sudden every bad thing goes away.

So please, think twice before calling as thiefs or anything else.
And that gives you right to... what exactly? :)

Depends on the law in your country. For me, the fee for the album includes the license fee for listening to these songs. At the same time, I am prohibited by law from distributing this songs. Ie. when buying an album, I can download it from e.g. Google Drive but not from Torrent.

For me piracy is not stealing, it's just using someone work without permission - same like going to the cinema without ticket.
No, I agree with you, if I don't buy an album and download it and listen to it, it's (morally if not legally) like stealing.
But what if I can't rip my own CD (because I don't have a CD drive on my computer, as most today's computers don't), and I want to listen to it in my car.
If I download it from torrent, is it stealing?

Back