Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

That reviewer is mainly talking about Adrian using different effects, my guess is that he used his whammy pedal again in the solos that they’re comparing to Tom Morello. Think Lord of Light solo. Adrian is the one Maiden guitarist that never stops growing and evolving as a player. I have all the confidence in the world in his playing - one of the 2 tracks released so far has one of his best solos ever.

That reviewer is mainly talking about Adrian using different effects, my guess is that he used his whammy pedal again in the solos that they’re comparing to Tom Morello. Think Lord of Light solo. Adrian is the one Maiden guitarist that never stops growing and evolving as a player. I have all the confidence in the world in his playing - one of the 2 tracks released so far has one of his best solos ever.
Yeah, his TWOTW solo was just gorgeous. It was pretty traditional sounding though, didn't hear any flashy effects in it.

Hi everybody new one here, this is my first post!

Can't wait to hear Senjutsu! That being said, I'm kinda worried about the solos.

I don't know what to make of half of them being 'ambitious', as the Metal Voice review describes them.

I'm not sure I want Morello-esque effects and even slide guitars in excess on a Maiden record, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about their more experimental solos, like Adrian's solos in Isle of Avalon and Starblind, or Dave's solos in The Man Who Would Be King.

I'm guessing these solos are more likely to be in songs other than Steve's epics though, as he's the most old-school guy in the band, including how the solos sound in his songs.

Well, we have to wait and see, I guess!
I agree with you. I've been giving all three songs a lot of chances, but they don't get to me (or the other way round). I realize that a lot of fans adore them, but I find them too experimental or perhaps ambitious as you put it. They strike me as being kinda jazzy. I don't know, but I do know that I like other songs better. By the way, I'm also not a fan of Morello. :innocent:

Well, yes. But, then again, they could have a themed tour at some point in the future, with tracks never played before live and that would be awesome and, really, a good attraction!
This is my dream, but I am afraid that we missed deep cuts on History Trilogy tours.

Everything started great with Early days setlist with, a really special tour. But later setlist from SiT and ME were not so special as the Early days.

There was a lot of possibilities for deep cuts during SiT and ME, but at the end they played a lot of already overplayed songs.

The closer we get to release day, the more this particular line from a review echoes in my head:

They said that this album feels very The X Factor in some spots, and very Brave New World in other spots. They are two of my top albums from them. If this album really is a mix of the best from The X Factor and the best of Brave New World... well, I can't even begin to find words about how overwhelmingly overjoyed I'll be listening to this.
Maybe it's because it has a dull/lifeless production and repetitive choruses?

This is my dream, but I am afraid that we missed deep cuts on History Trilogy tours.

Everything started great with Early days setlist with, a really special tour. But later setlist from SiT and ME were not so special as the Early days.

There was a lot of possibilities for deep cuts during SiT and ME, but at the end they played a lot of already overplayed songs.
Caught somewhere in time,Alexander the great,only the good die young,the edge of darkness ,infinite Dreams. That World be a great set list

Back