Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Just out of curiosity: both albums released on September 3rd are the only ones in which during the writing sessions have no Davey's contributions.

The only album I got the leak was AMOLAD and it turned out to be my least fave album, but, over the past 2 or 3 years, the songs I used to dislike, I don't, anymore (today, it's its 15th anniversary).

I'm old school and the ritual of buying the vinyl (up to FOTD), then, the CD and feel the thing, smell the paper, read the lyrics is something that I didn't have, back in 2006, but, even being hesitant about getting the leaked album, I did and it was bad. Plus, amazon.br confirmed me, yesterday, that my order will be in my hands, probably on Saturday (4th) or even on Friday (3rd).

So, no leaks are of my interest.

For those who believe this will be the best 21st century Maiden album so far, leave a like!

For this who are a little more cynical, quote and tell me why. Let's get a pre-release discussion going on here x
I anticipate this might be the best reunion album. I just have to hear for myself first.

There is a system controlling the sales : it's the barcode. This barcode records the sales in the stores databases, it means the kind of product, its name, when it has been sold, etc. Moreover, there are some CDs which are watermarked, so maybe each store receives watermarked albums than identifies it. So, that's why even small stores can be identified by the band and its management if the album is leaked on the internet before its official release date.
I bought BNW three days prior to release in a small shop back in the day. Don’t think it’s possible to get away with that now since everything is tracked and registered in a better way.
Yes, I understand that all sales are recorded in a database, but do Iron Maiden have access to these data (and how)? I guess that most stores have their own database, which are not accessible for external partners, hence they might be obligated to report to a central database as well.

Let me make it clear that I'm not asking this in terms of distributing leaks. I don't have interest in leaks.

I just don't understand, how the music business and Iron Maiden in particular can control, when and where all copies are being sold. It must be a huge work to collect all the data. And let's say that a small shop in a small town in Germany does NOT follow the rules and sells all their copies of Senjutsu two days prior to the release date. What can Iron Maiden do about it? I can't imagine that they'll go to court.

For those who believe this will be the best 21st century album so far, leave a like!
I don't know about the best reunion album (it is hard to top BNW), but who knows... maybe second best. I have a feeling it will be one of Maiden's best albums, with no weak songs.
Just out of curiosity: both albums released on September 3rd are the only ones in which during the writing sessions have no Davey's contributions.
How strange is that.

Infinite leaks I can’t deny them
Senjutsu leak is hard to comprehend
I couldn’t hear those leaks
Even in my wildest dreams
Notification; I wake in a sweat
Scared to look, at the screen
Incase the leaks begin to come
Someone's posting, I cannot move
Standing rigid, I try not to view
Is that a link? To where will it end?
And have they clicked send?

It's the leak! My mind's in turmoil
If I click, am I infantile?
It's getting to me, so scared to see
I move the mouse, I'm in too deep.. .

Even though the quality sucks,
I'd rather that than restless nights.
It makes me wonder, makes me think,
there's got to be, a FLAC of this.
It's not the fear of dodgy links,
it's just that they won't be sincere.
I have an interest, almost craving
But would I like to get too far in?

Infinite leaks I can’t deny them
Senjutsu leak is hard to comprehend
I couldn’t hear those leaks
Even in my wildest dreams

Even though the quality sucks,
I'd rather that than restless nights.
It makes me wonder, makes me think,
there's got to be, a FLAC of this.
It's not the fear of dodgy links,
it's just that they won't be sincere.
I have an interest, almost craving
But would I like to get too far in?
New forum posts cause incidents
The arguments, inelegant
You tell me, "It's their best one ever!"
Cynical? Well, me I'm neither
But wouldn't you like to have it now
And risk a ban, if you get caught?
The final week seems oh so long
But in the end, it will all turn out well...

Back