Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Wouldn’t bet on it. Don’t think they’ve released 3 songs before an album drop? Not in recent (20+) years at least. Glad to be proven wrong though :)
For now it is:
“Meanwhile we play the waiting game”

Edit: there was some sort of official leak when AMOLAD came out wasn’t it? Can’t remember the details…
They have all leaked approx. one week before official release date, I even recall DOD leaking early and that was almost 20 years ago. To be honest, I do not see leaks like this making much damage for the band Maiden's size. Fans will buy physical releases anyway, and if the album is as good as the hype surrounding it, leaks might even help to increase physical sales in the first week of release.

They have all leaked approx. one week before official release date, I even recall DOD leaking early and that was almost 20 years ago. To be honest, I do not see leaks like this making much damage for the band Maiden's size. Fans will buy physical releases anyway, and if the album is as good as the hype surrounding it, leaks might even help to increase physical sales in the first week of release.
Leaks were a lot harder in 2003 and it absolutely leaked in 2003.

I understand everyone’s chomping at the bit to hear the new album but I really hope there is no leak. Why? Mainly because Maiden would prefer it not. Yes, 99.999999% of us here are buying the album regardless, multiple formats even…I will just wait hoping it will hit iTunes at 12am.
Why not? It will be in the top 10 regardless
Leaks were a lot harder in 2003 and it absolutely leaked in 2003.
There was a time when albums leaked a few weeks, sometimes months in advance. Symphony X's 'V' is one example.

Wouldn’t bet on it. Don’t think they’ve released 3 songs before an album drop? Not in recent (20+) years at least.
FOTD was the last album with 3 singles. As for the reunion era, for AMOLAD album ''Different World'' and BTATS were made available for public streaming on the band's website a couple of days before the release of TROBB, iirc - all were before the release of the album.

Reactions: Oca
FOTD was the last album with 3 singles. As for the reunion era, for AMOLAD album ''Different World'' and BTATS were made available for public streaming on the band's website a couple of days before the release of TROBB, iirc - all were before the release of the album.
Wasting Love wasn't an official single, despite having a video.

The last one proper was SSOASS with Madness, Evil and Clairvoyant.

ID from that one was an oddity, to accompany Maiden England

AMOLAD received an inhouse mastering by Kevin Shirley iirc. Not mastering isnt a good thing. Master doesnt equal loudness war, clipping, compression, bad eq etc. Avenged Sevenfold's the stage is proof of it. AMOLAD was also hot mixed (yikes)

AMOLAD received an inhouse mastering by Kevin Shirley iirc. Not mastering isnt a good thing. Master doesnt equal loudness war, clipping, compression, bad eq etc. Avenged Sevenfold's the stage is proof of it. AMOLAD was also hot mixed (yikes)
If memory serves me right, the band made a big deal of the fact that the album wasn’t mastered. “What you hear on the album is exactly what the band heard in the studio, no mastering added” or something like that.

BNW leaked too, by 3 or 4 days.

After Nights of the Death, I don't want another live album without a proper producer. NotD sounds terrible.
I think that's because it was cobbled together quickly last year to help tide the fans over, because it was still up in the air about whether they'd be able to tour in 2021. Bruce said himself that they didn't want to sit on the album for another year, so now it's caused an odd situation where (hopefully) once they're able to get back on the road next year they'll still be doing the LoTB tour.

From Wiki:

To provide a more "live" sound, the album was not mastered.[6] Shirley said, "Spoke to 'Arry (Steve Harris) on Friday, who has decided against mastering the Iron Maiden album ... It means that you will get to hear the new album exactly as it sounded in the studio, no added EQ, compression, analogue widening, etc., and I must say, I am pretty happy with the end result."[7]

Back